Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

PO753 shift solenoid A electrical questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V6 4.0 LITER
Default PO753 shift solenoid A electrical questions

my 97 jeep gc 4.0L has not ran for over 3 months. my pcm quit throwing out trouble codes when i intentionally tried to set one off. my jeep turns over w/belt spinning , but does not fire up. i put the jeep into neutral and pushed it about 20 feet to cut the grass around it. i put my new battery in and now i'm getting a PO753 shift solenoid A electrical code. my jeep has no downshifting or any shifting problems at all with the tranny. so, if the code is legit, would this keep the jeep from running/starting up? also, if the voltage regulator inside my pcm has gone bad, would this cause a bogus code and cause a no spark situation? jeep does not fire up in neutral either. i have changed over the last 3 months the following ( some necessary / some in hope ) : Sensors: MAP, IAC, TPS, Crank Position, Cam Position/ pick-up coil/relay, Coolant Temp., Oil Pressure Sending Unit, and both O2 sensors. other parts changed: valve cover gasket, catalytic converter, Muffler, plug wires, spark plugs, Distributor cap and rotor, battery, battery cables, all fuses and relays inside the PDC fuse panel. had my charging system checked out at AutoZone and everything was fine. i get a slight clicking from the PDC fuse box when i first turn on the key without trying to crank. was alot louder before i changed battery cables and cleaned all grounding points. fuel pressure is good and has been verified 3 times that i am getting fuel. strictly a no spark scenario. all sensors changed twice just in case one was defective. coil has been changed also twice. serious input appreciated.:c ursing:

Last edited by vadergator; 07-08-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: left out coil changed also
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2015
Model: Cherokee (KL)
Engine: 3.2l

Originally Posted by vadergator
my 97 jeep gc 4.0L has not ran for over 3 months. my pcm quit throwing out trouble codes when i intentionally tried to set one off. my jeep turns over w/belt spinning , but does not fire up. i put the jeep into neutral and pushed it about 20 feet to cut the grass around it. i put my new battery in and now i'm getting a PO753 shift solenoid A electrical code. my jeep has no downshifting or any shifting problems at all with the tranny. so, if the code is legit, would this keep the jeep from running/starting up? also, if the voltage regulator inside my pcm has gone bad, would this cause a bogus code and cause a no spark situation? jeep does not fire up in neutral either. i have changed over the last 3 months the following ( some necessary / some in hope ) : Sensors: MAP, IAC, TPS, Crank Position, Cam Position/ pick-up coil/relay, Coolant Temp., Oil Pressure Sending Unit, and both O2 sensors. other parts changed: valve cover gasket, catalytic converter, Muffler, plug wires, spark plugs, Distributor cap and rotor, battery, battery cables, all fuses and relays inside the PDC fuse panel. had my charging system checked out at AutoZone and everything was fine. i get a slight clicking from the PDC fuse box when i first turn on the key without trying to crank. was alot louder before i changed battery cables and cleaned all grounding points. fuel pressure is good and has been verified 3 times that i am getting fuel. strictly a no spark scenario. all sensors changed twice just in case one was defective. coil has been changed also twice. serious input appreciated.:c ursing:
Seems like you've thrown copious amounts of parts at it, but you didn't mention if checked your NSS (Neutral Saftey Switch). So I ask, have you?