Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

parking lights stoped working????

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6.0
Default parking lights stoped working????

i've spent the last hour searching this problem haven't found anything. i have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee and the other week i put in a aftermarket head unit and some subs and I've done a lot of aftermarket stereo work before. and today my amp stopped working so i went in trying to find the problem. i pulled the head unit out and checked all the wires and made sure they were all connected and stuff still nothing then i replaced the remote wire with a 16 gauge wire there was just a tiny speaker wire for the remote wire. still no sound threw the amp popped the hood and realized the power wire wasn't connected vary well so tightened it down well good news the amp works and the subs are pounding. then got in to the jeep to go up to the store and when i got in started my jeep my head lights work my dash lights worked everything work i was waiting for my friend to get into the car when he said my parking lights weren't working. I've checked all the fuses I've also made shure the cigg lighter wasn't stuck theres nothing in there. i have yet to check the license plate light or the ground for that but i was wondering if it could be anything else or if any1 else had this same problems. and suggestions would be great.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

You hooked up the panel dimmer wire to the new deck, I think it's the orange wire out of the deck. disconnect that wire and replace the fuse for the marker/park lights.