Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

No power

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default No power

My 1994 4.0 Cherokee has electrical issues. All wiring is stock with the exception of a radio change, nothing fancy just a radio and its been years since the install. While off roading a few months ago in some ruff terrain my AC, Radio, Blinkers, Wipers, Cigarette lighter stopped working. At first I would have the radio on and when I used the blinker it went off, after a short time it all stopped working. I have checked the fuses and found none to be bad. Has anyone ever had some thing like this happen?
Old 12-08-2018, 02:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 170 Likes on 158 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Engine: 4.0, new lifters valve job with new springs and exhaust valves, preload set with shims

Originally Posted by ffhammerness
My 1994 4.0 Cherokee has electrical issues. All wiring is stock with the exception of a radio change, nothing fancy just a radio and its been years since the install. While off roading a few months ago in some ruff terrain my AC, Radio, Blinkers, Wipers, Cigarette lighter stopped working. At first I would have the radio on and when I used the blinker it went off, after a short time it all stopped working. I have checked the fuses and found none to be bad. Has anyone ever had some thing like this happen?
Pull a few of the harnesses from the bottom of the fuse block in the passenger foot area. If corroded you have a hole in the floor gets water on the fuseblock. Likely need to replace the whole fuseblock. Its a bear of a job but straight forward. Just did a post on it because I did it last week, under the CRC cleaner: Worth it heading. Cig lighter, ac, radio, etc all on that block.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 5.0lt interceptor

i have an issue similar on my 1989 XJ but all the wires are broke off the back of my original fuseblock can anyone help me with the pinouts and the wire colors i pulled a fuse block out of my old 87 camaro just need to know what wires are what to splice in the new panel
THANKS

Last edited by Pheonix; 04-30-2020 at 07:27 PM. Reason: wrong year and model