Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

New Member with Cherokee A/C to Defrost Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New Member with Cherokee A/C to Defrost Problem

Hey everyone, I'm new and this is my first post. I've searched for previous posts about this problem and found some answers I suspected but I think this case is a little different.

Here's the story. My daughter has a 2002 GC Laredo with the 4.7. Her stereo was crap when we bought it so I put a new Pioneer in there and it still didn't sound great so I went into the dash to clean up the previous owner's mess. I noticed a ground wire coming off of the back of the A/C controller that they had spliced into a ground wire of what looked like and antenna booster. I have know idea why anyone would do that. On the back side of the A/C controller, directly behind the fan **** there are 4 lugs and they had connected the ground wire there. I was going to ground that wire somewhere else and when I did I noticed that the air was only coming from the defrost vents now. I know that the common problem is a leaky vacuum line, but I don't think this is the cause. This happened at the same time that I started with the stereo work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

A/C is working correctly now but the windows won't roll down. Gonna start searching fuses now.