Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

new jeep owner with problems (first post gone

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 02 jeep and stalling just got

I type fast google fixes works Ok bought a new2me 2002 jeep Cherokee lorado 4x4 ok so we go jeep i know nothing about
So guy says it stalls i google it saying cam sensor thought quick fix
NOT i tow home and start to play i see light flicker do battery test jeep stalls thinking ok alt need replaced so have it tested tested good but i know better tested again differnt loc tested bad so got one
NOT FIXED
So i have obd scan throwing code for cam sensor the guy said something aboit it but payed no mind so i went and got one doing so i seen old one left under battery took his new one out put my new one in
NO FIX
So i look online saying crack sensor or pcm last video i seen all the relays were going nuts after stall (like mine) guy jumps and says bad pcm ok i know what my problem is so i look online some place in fl 200 rebuilt 14 day money back thinking ok good deal im on third one same problem all the time cant be 3 bad units doing the same thing so put oem back thinking crank sensor but its a pain on v8 remove starter 30 advance oem dealer more im sure didnt call yet
Truck starts runs anywere from 3 min to 10 min drives then wont start again unless i pull battery and restart samething throws camshaft code but i replaced before i throw more money at this nice a$$ jeep were am i at web is all over the place for a fix

Last edited by Doug Roberts; 03-18-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:11 AM

Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L STRAIGHT 6!!!

This is your issue....

Call a jeep building place in your area and ask them for their best recommendation for a jeep mechanic shop.

Call those people and tell them you are bringing in your jeep and you want them to go through every wire on every connector going into the PCM. Tell them to repin the bad pins in the harnesses and to replace what ever broken wires they come across

Dewd, my stalling jeep was killing me. I replaced everything the Net said to do and still the same bull****. It wasn't until someone took the time to inspect every wire in every harness on the PCM

This ran me about $400. It was the best money I ever spent on repairs for a vehicle

I had all the same symptoms as you and was pulling my hair out. I have not had a problem with it dying since.

Don't let a mechanic tell you where they want to start looking. Tell them to inspect the harnesses. If they say you need this or that, ask them point blank... did you inspect all wires in my harnesses? when they say no, tell them you will talk about what they think after they complete the task at hand

you wont be let down

repin harnesses at pcm
Old 03-18-2016, 08:53 PM

Model: Cherokee

Well i am a shady tree mech so i wont do that but i will look at all the leads my self im going to grab a crank unit anyways put phone up there and looks oem so at 160k time to change anyways i have 3 pcms so i know its not that i look at burnt wires and test them i guess
Old 03-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is English your first language or are you just too lazy for good sentence structure? Texting from a smartphone are we? I saw this post when you first posted it and I decided to not answer it because I didn't want to make any assumptions or try to decipher your answers. I STILL can't figure out what you have done or plan to do.

If you plan on keeping this WJ, I recommend downloading an FSM from pacificcoastmanuals.com for $7.99. Best money I ever spent!