Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

New to forum....(pics)..couple issues 94 cherokee limited

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New to forum....(pics)..couple issues 94 cherokee limited

Alright, first off ill introduce myself. My name is cyle and i live in Wisconsin. I just recently traded my 92 s10 (winter truck) for a 94 jeep grand cherokee limited. I have a 3.5" rough country lift in the jeep.

here are my issues.

1st the front axle needs the pinion barring changed....im not a dif. guy....how hard is this to do?
2nd The power windows do not work at all (any of the window switches not just the master) im wondering if anyone has heard of this issue at all or not?

now for the pics, cause i know everyone loves pics haha

32" swampers

sorry there all from my phone lol tell me what you all think
Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

looks like a good winter vehicle.
I hope that because none of your windows work, that it is a fuse or relay under the hood. My jeep is not home now so I forget, but think there is a large fuse in the box under the hood for the windows. Pinion bearing is not that hard, you just need to be able to set the ring and pinion back to the exact spot it was at. Which takes some special tools, mainly a dial indicator I believe. The big deal here is if you dont mesh the gears where they were you can get a lot of howling from them, and in the worst case I suppose is failer.
Have fun, hope you get the windows working,the idea of tracking down wiring problems gives me the creeps.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Model: Cherokee

it does the same to me. I got the jeep, with obviously no owners manual lol and the fuse panel that is on the inside of the cab (passengerside of the dash) all fuses only have number no discription of what they actually do. any way you could help me with this. also under the hood my relays/fuses dont say what they are. any help would be much appriciated
Old 03-06-2009, 11:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: I6 4.0L

Sounds like a fuse is causing your window problems pick up a service manual and you shpuld be able to track the problem down