Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

need help

Old 01-08-2010, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default need help

i have 97 zj. u name it i have replaced it. when i take off it hesitates to change gears while the rpms jump up and down. sometimes i can drive a mile or further while the rpms redline and does not change gears. its been really cold here and for the past few days when i push the gas peddle its really hard to mash like it is sticking. so i mash it hard and it seems to un hang and has no resistance. it does this when it is no changin gears at all. but when it starts to change gears the gas peddle seems to work fine. the guy at advance said it might be my speed sensor but i have already spent alot of money on sensors and not fixin the problem so before i try another sensor i would like to know if anyone can help me out. any input is helpful thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Engine: 5.2

what all have you replaced? mine is also doing this. your kick down cable might need to be adjusted
Old 01-08-2010, 06:48 PM

idle air control valve, throttle position sensor,plugs,plug wires,distributor cap, head gasket, thermostat and gasket, radiator,starter,transmission,transfer case, new wirenharness in the transmisson cant remember exactly what it does just remember the price lol,driveshaft, what is the thing u said it might be never herd of that
Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 5.2 v8

my peddle sticks to when its real cold out but i just stump on it a couple times and it would be fine
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 PM

but when i punch mine its real loose and sometimes when i push it to the floor i dont go anywhere so i dont stomp on it when it sticks