Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

jeep dies when I turn sharp

Old 12-29-2013, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default jeep dies when I turn sharp

My 1998 jeep grand Cherokee started doing this just a few days ago. First two times I was backing out of parking spots and had the wheels turned kind of sharp. the next time was when making a sharp turn on to a residential street. If I make sure I make extra wide turns into parking spots or turn in part way, then back out and again turn into tighter parking spots it keeps it from dying so far. There have been a few times when while trying to either park or pull out of places my wheels seem to get stuck and it wont move at all until I go back to where I started and make wider turn the second time. It also clunks and/or makes awful grinding clicking sounds when turning. I am a woman that knows very little about mechanics, but I did have the CV axles replaced about 3 months ago and this helped with the noise and stuff until now, but even after they where replaced I could tell something just wan't right still. oh by the way - I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my ABS light was on for about the last two or three months then just all of a sudden went out again. The alignment is not great but I don't think this is the problem. I bought this jeep from a dealership in Aug of this year and got rail roaded (being a woman and not using my head and checking to see if they where lying to me about blue book) and paid $3350 for it. It has 150,000 miles on it. This is my only vehicle and I am a single mom so without this damn thing running I will be screwed. Thanks for reading and PLEASE any help figuring this out and hopefully for not a lot of money would be so appreciated. One last thing I always have at least a quarter tank of gas in it when this happens, so its not running out of fuel do to empty tank.
jeepsapiece is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2013, 04:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

This could be your issue others have had .....http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/jee...1A08EN3GIHSMP9