Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

ive missed coil suspensions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive missed coil suspensions!

since my wrangler isnt running right now, i took my bone stick 04 WJ to one of my jeep club cruise ins and tested it on the rti ramp..........before i got my YJ, i had a rubi with coils obviously, and i loved the flex i got outa that thing with just a 2 inch lift and 31s.

so, i un hooked the front sway bar on the WJ and decided to see how well i can make a bone stock WJ flex......i was happy with the results.......flexes way better then my lifted YJ........

Old 10-25-2008, 10:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Moved to right thread..
Old 10-25-2008, 10:44 AM

Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 V8

Dang. I would have never really thought that. I mean the WJ has the length to felx well. but You would think the YJ would better. Looks good though man.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 AM

Engine: 4.7L V8

Next up...bigger WJ lift, bigger tires, bumpers, etc...

I guess that was an expensive Jeep club cruise!!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Year: 1997

holy shizzle. thats sweet for a stocker!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by nick_n_ii
Moved to right thread..
thanx man....yea i wasnt sure the best one to put it in
Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by WJCraig
Next up...bigger WJ lift, bigger tires, bumpers, etc...

I guess that was an expensive Jeep club cruise!!
im not going to put to big of a lift on it, just a couple inches since my YJ is already lifted about 4 inches with a winch and MTRs and all that......so thats my main wheeling rig, BUT, i do want a 2 inch lift and some BFG ATs on it...i think that would look good and handle just fine off road.....and maybe eventually put a winch on this jeep too
Old 10-26-2008, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by xtreme velocity
Dang. I would have never really thought that. I mean the WJ has the length to felx well. but You would think the YJ would better. Looks good though man.
well heres how bad my YJ is at flexing....it was beat by a stock LIBBy on the RTI ramp........no offence to you libby guys, they are a great jeep, but a stock libby with IFS should not have beaten a lifted YJ with no track bars or sway bars.....lol....but it did...i did notice one thing tho, my front bumper is bent under a little and the shackles are hitting the bumper to early, but even before i bent under the bumper, it still wasnt any where near as good as my stock WJ...lol..the shackles seem loose enought and everything.......maybe the springs are just to cheap and stiff.....thats what im thinking anyways...they are arched way to much to get good flex outa them so thats probably a big part of it...flatter leaf springs get better flex.......so i dont know
Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 PM

Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by drummerwookie
im not going to put to big of a lift on it, just a couple inches since my YJ is already lifted about 4 inches with a winch and MTRs and all that......so thats my main wheeling rig, BUT, i do want a 2 inch lift and some BFG ATs on it...i think that would look good and handle just fine off road.....and maybe eventually put a winch on this jeep too
Yeah...I know. That's where it starts, right? Then, Oh, maybe just some rock sliders....maybe just a locker...maybe just a couple more inches...maybe just a long arm set up...

It's ok. It's not just you! We all suffer the same ailment here...

That's why the wife drives a car. I can't afford to build TWO vehicles!!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:24 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 5.2 V8

Yeah...I know. That's where it starts, right? Then, Oh, maybe just some rock sliders....maybe just a locker...maybe just a couple more inches...maybe just a long arm set up...

Thats how it will be. When I started I just wanted a 2in body lift and lil bit bigger tires. Now I want a 3in LIFT and push bar, rear bar w/ tire, 31in tires, roof rack, cb, roll cage, and much more. You cant stop it. But the wife has a car and her build is coming faster than mine. Im buying her rims and tail lights right now. lol. Hers is alot cheaper though. But I hate to tell you but you cant stop the power jeeps have on us. We cant control it.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:13 PM

true, but im no stranger to the powers the the jeep......lol..this WJ is the fifth one and every time i keep wanting to add more and more.....but i gotta have a good road jeep too...so im going to have to draw the line eventually..lol

but i do have to say, every jeep besides my current YJ, ive only ever put a 2 inch lift on them and im satisfied with that lift and some 30-31 inch tires...but i konw ill only be able to get 30s under a WJ with a 2 inch lift...but i think ill be good with that....but ill have to see..lol