Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Different problem power window/power locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Different problem power window/power locks not working

I have a 02 Laredo 4.0 and I have a couple of problems. Just got the car mechanically working now I am tryin to fix the the can't unlock/lock car and can't operate pass front and rear window. I have checked fuses and everything is good. I also checked for broken wires in between door inside the rubber and I found none. Which I want to ask how do u get the rubber pack into place? I tried for 30 mins and couldn't do it. Any tips? Back to the problem I can control the driver window and driver rear window from the master switch but I can't control the driver rear from the door switch. i cannot control The pass front and rear from anywhere. And if it makes a difference the driver rear window is taped to hold it up meaning the window regulator is bad. What could be causing this? Also the door locks don't work when I try switching from unlock/lock on the master button I get this noise.

So I have power going to it but the lock doesn't move. What should I check next? Thanks

Old 06-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8

Great video!

Your solenoid is working, but there are little plastic bushing holder thingies that connect the actuating arms to their respective devices.

Locks and door handles.

When they break, the little rods fall out of the hole, and either the door handle wont work, or the lock only works with the key.

Here is what you need https://smile.amazon.com/Dorman-7545...ords=rod+clips
Old 06-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8

As far as your window symptoms, if you are certain that the fuses are good, I believe that you still have a problem with that wire loom. It is tedious to diagnose, as those wires can break inside the insulation and only a continuity test will confirm.

To get the loom back on the connector, I believe that you have to disconnect it inside the door, remount the rubber, and then reconnect. IIRC (been a couple years).