Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

center roof grab handles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default center roof grab handles?

while wheeling with the missus this last weekend there were occasions that the jeep would be off camber to the point where she was leaned up against the door or if we were the other way i was against the door. what would be nice is a set of grab handles in the center and possibly over the drivers door. has anyone installed or made one that you liked?

i did not see any manufactured ones for sale so my thoughts were i could make a bracket that goes around the roof counsel then bolt it through the roof with a support bracket mounted on the roof. i would then use one of those Velcro handles and attach it to the bracket. to seal out the water i would use silicone for the bolt holes.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Honestly i would look more in to a roll bar or cage and get 4 point or 5/6 point seat belts with seats made for them.Yeah its not a cheap option but with those seat belts you can really hold yourself in place where you want to be.