Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Both front Door Modules: Relays Cycle Continuously

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0
Unhappy Both front Door Modules: Relays Cycle Continuously

My 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee is having problems with door locks and windows operating. I have confirmed door jam wiring is ok, So I can rule that out. This particular problem I am having, I believe is related to the Body Control Module (BCM), one or both Door modules (DDM and/or PDM) or the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI). I am hoping you Jeep gurus can help me take care of this once and for all. I can disconnect the battery and ground the positive cable , then wait approx. 10 minutes, reconnect the battery turn the key to run position and I can then operate all windows up and down for approx. 5 minutes. The DDM relays start cycling on and off (*-*----*-*----*-*). I turn the key off and back on and all warning lights on dash come on. Then as the DDM & PDM relays start to cycle by themselves (without me operating any switches), at the exact time 2 dash warning lights go out. then a pause in the cycling (as indicated above (*-*----*-*)). as the second cycle starts, 2 more dash warning lights go out in time with the relay cycling. I then disconnect the battery, short the positive to the ground terminal, wait 10 minutes and the scenario starts all over again (Works for 10 minutes and starts cycling again. Can someone help me with this??

Last edited by Electroshop; 10-14-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0

FIXED!!!. It was the Driver door module. I replaced it with one from a salvage yard and VOLA!! No relay cycling, fully operational and lock function works again. The auto lock is working as well.