Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

bad shake a going on

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default bad shake a going on

what up guys, finally got my zj going. After searching for a trany for bit, got it moving then found out the front axle was trashed. Know im up and going, but i drove it to work twice know witch is a 70 mile round trip. I got a bad shake at 50 mph but once i was past 50 mph it was fine. Well my lady drove it today to work and on her way home it starting shaking BAD (drivers side). I mean rip your arms off trying to hold the wheel. I rotated the tires thinking the tire was way out of balance, but it still shakes like a MO FO. Remember just put a axle on from a parts yard. So is this do to aliment issue or do i got something else going out. Everything feels solid so......bushing out somewhere, steering out, alinement?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 96 Limited ZJ
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 w/mods

Originally Posted by morando6784
what up guys, finally got my zj going. After searching for a trany for bit, got it moving then found out the front axle was trashed. Know im up and going, but i drove it to work twice know witch is a 70 mile round trip. I got a bad shake at 50 mph but once i was past 50 mph it was fine. Well my lady drove it today to work and on her way home it starting shaking BAD (drivers side). I mean rip your arms off trying to hold the wheel. I rotated the tires thinking the tire was way out of balance, but it still shakes like a MO FO. Remember just put a axle on from a parts yard. So is this do to aliment issue or do i got something else going out. Everything feels solid so......bushing out somewhere, steering out, alinement?
First thing I'd do is get an alignment. What your describing sounds like the dreaded DW (death wobble).