Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Another no heat thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L6
Default Another no heat thread

I've got an '01 wj. No dual climate. V8. I bought the heater treater or blendor replacement and when I opened it up behind the glove box, everything operated like normal. I was already in there so I put the metal door in anyways and retested. The door still works. Still no heat. The sending and return hoses to the heater core both get hot quickly and at the same rate. I parked the Jeep with the front tires about 6-8 inches above the rear tires, took the radiator cap off and let it run with the heater on full blast till the thermostat opened and then loosened the bleeder screw to try and get some air out. Some bubbles came out for a bit, when it stopped I closed it back up, put the cap back on and still no heat. What. Am. I. Missing.

Thanks for reading and your replies in advance.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:04 PM

No one has another thing to check? Or to do?
Old 11-19-2016, 05:35 AM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

If the heater core is getting hot, your problem is air flow. If you have the optional cabin air filter, check to see if it's plugged. Also disconnect the vacuum supply and see if it goes to the factory default defroster setting. While you had it apart, did you see if the heater core fins were clear and not plugged with crap? Is the air intake door functioning?

That's all I've got.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Originally Posted by dave1123
If the heater core is getting hot, your problem is air flow. If you have the optional cabin air filter, check to see if it's plugged. Also disconnect the vacuum supply and see if it goes to the factory default defroster setting. While you had it apart, did you see if the heater core fins were clear and not plugged with crap? Is the air intake door functioning?

That's all I've got.
pretty much sums it up
Old 11-19-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by dave1123

That's all I've got.
Without going out to the jeep(I will later) I know that I still have good ac, and that when I change the temp from hot to cold the air flow increases dramatically. That points to the fins being clogged I assume. I can check that the same way I replaced the blend doors right? And the recirc door to my knowledge works because like every other car I've owned, when switched to recirc, airflow increases. Is the recirculating door and the air intake door the same thing?