Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Alarm problem need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Alarm problem need help!!

hi i have a 1994 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4.my factory alarm is acting up and cant figure it out.it stopped working for 5yrs and all of a sudden it starting to arm itself but one day it works and then another day it doesnt.what might be causing this?any idea.i dont have the key pad for it so i just disarm it by unlocking it from the back to turn it off.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

make sure the dome light comes on when you unlock the doors. One of my ZJs would go off all the time randomly until after a couple weeks I finally noticed (at night) that it was that the dome light wasn't always coming on when I used the key...

old car...so things wear out, especially of course the driver door switch/connectors/etc. Sometimes the drivers door won't activate the dome lights for about a week...sometimes it will if you jiggle it...sometimes it will if you pull the key out half turned...

hope its that easy for you

worst comes to worst there is a thread on here about how to rewire and deactivate the alarm
Old 01-20-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by basegrinder
make sure the dome light comes on when you unlock the doors. One of my ZJs would go off all the time randomly until after a couple weeks I finally noticed (at night) that it was that the dome light wasn't always coming on when I used the key...

old car...so things wear out, especially of course the driver door switch/connectors/etc. Sometimes the drivers door won't activate the dome lights for about a week...sometimes it will if you jiggle it...sometimes it will if you pull the key out half turned...

hope its that easy for you

worst comes to worst there is a thread on here about how to rewire and deactivate the alarm
it use to do it but no longer does for some reason.the dome lights do come on when i open the doors but not when i unlock it with the key.this alarm stoped working over 5 yrs ago till i installed 2 15" subs and when i play it loud then park it it works theres time if i dont play it loud or at all the alarm doesnt work.it seems like if something is loose or on its way out.even the chime buzzer has been acting up.it sounds for about 20 min then starts to beep almost sound like its sending morse code.then its quit after the truck warms up.i dont get it.im ready to diconnect it.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

this is not the exact thread I was thinking of, but after a very quick search--

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...ml#post5762146

there is another thread, on THIS forum that shows the ground wire to set up under the drivers side dash.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by basegrinder
this is not the exact thread I was thinking of, but after a very quick search--

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...ml#post5762146

there is another thread, on THIS forum that shows the ground wire to set up under the drivers side dash.

ill keep that in mind but i like to keep in activated just want it to work all the time.not when it wants too.