Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

alarm issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default alarm issues

New to forum but hoping yall can help me instead of jeep dealership.
I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have not had my key fob for awhile and ive been locking and unlocking my doors manually.
A freind of mine did not know this and locked my doors with the automatic door lock ultimately setting the theft protection system. Now i can not get the system disarmwed.
I have tried disarming in the door lock from driver and passenger side but no luck. My spare key does not work my back hatch so that is out of the question.
this has happened before and i "accidentally" disabled it but i do not know what i did.
It involved unhooking the battery with a random assortment of manually lockinig and unlocking the door by hand, key and automatic.
I really hope someone else out there knows what is going on because if not im out 600 to the jeep dealership.
PLEASE HELP!!!! i need to get home sometime today.....
Old 08-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

you tried locking and unlocking the driver door while the alarm was going off? This normally will work, but to completely disarm the alarm you need to be able to lock and unlock the hatch.....
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

the switch on your door keyswitch that disarms the alarm when you use your key has more than likly come off. Remove your door panel and look for it. Once you find it all you have to do is stick a screw driver in the slot on it and turn it 1/4 turn and back. This should turn the alarm off. There should be one of these switches on both front doors and on the rear hatch. I would unplug my battery while I tired to find it and hook it back up only after I found one. If lived close to me I would come by and do it for you.