Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

99 Grand Cherokee part question

Old 10-31-2016, 03:17 PM

Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6
Default 99 Grand Cherokee part question

From the 4wd shifter to the transfer case is a cable and at the end is a metal loop that goes around a pin coming out of the case. And then something goes on to keep that loop there but it is missing for me so I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what part that is. Is it a nut, a bushing, some common part??? 99 grand cherokee . I can take a pic if nobody gets what I mean
Old 11-01-2016, 09:21 AM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

I think a pic would help.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.7L

THIS???

Old 11-03-2016, 09:07 PM

This isnt mine, i googled to find this, but it looks very similar. This pulls the level on the transfer case to the diff 4wd modes. I cant tell if this is held on by a nut or some special clip or what. imagine a ring going on a finger. the finger is the pin on the lever, the ring is the end connected to the wire that goes to your shifter. The ring will go over the finger, but it can easily come off sometimes as nothing is stopping it from lifting back off of the finger. if that makes sense. heres the google image: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...cing/tcase.jpg

edit: another useful image googled. very much like this:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...5&d=1269280286

EDIT EDIT: i believe this is what im referring to in the diagrams:

Last edited by Clayton Andrew; 11-03-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:39 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I know what you're asking but don't know the answer because I've never looked. It seems there should be some kind of retainer either part of the cable end or a clip that goes over the pin.

Probably the best thing to do is go to a parts place and look at a new cable. If there is any obvious difference on the eye part, ask if they have the clip or whatever it needs.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by dave1123 View Post
I know what you're asking but don't know the answer because I've never looked. It seems there should be some kind of retainer either part of the cable end or a clip that goes over the pin.

Probably the best thing to do is go to a parts place and look at a new cable. If there is any obvious difference on the eye part, ask if they have the clip or whatever it needs.
hmmm. will have to see if local places have it or not. something so simple, yet such a pain in the *** haha.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:53 PM

Sigh... im at a loss
Old 11-08-2016, 02:47 PM

In case someone was viewing the thread and not understanding what I meant, but still may be able to help, here is a video. This is drivers side of jeep.

https://youtu.be/ymjbhVBRdxc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: