Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee took on water, now gauges and windows don't work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee took on water, now gauges and windows don't work.

I went wheeling yesterday and took it through a small river. Long story short it never died but it took on enough water through the doors to have about 4 inches of standing water on the floorboards for about 5 minutes. It has a small lift so I figured I could make it hehe. Anyways, I barreled most the water out as quick as I could while it was idling. Aside from tons of rocks stuck in the disc brakes an making all sorts of noise, everything worked as I drove it home. All gauges, lights and windows. I cracked the windows and let it sit overnight as it was dark when I got home. Next morning, it starts up but the dash is toast. Nothing comes on except the abs before it starts, and turn signals work. No tacs work, not even showing my millage or gas or speedometer. It's drying now. Windows are stuck down, tried all four switches. I checked all the fuses in the kick panel and most were a bit damp but weren't blown. Where do I start? Do I replace every single fuse? Is it possibly a ground that needs to dry out before making a solid connection again? (things are still damp having some hot days coming up) Or did I fry my fuse box? Locks work on one side. Thanks for the advice.