Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

97 jeep grand cherokee tsi/4.0 eng.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default 97 jeep grand cherokee tsi/4.0 eng.

replaced the trans. lines,got the lines installed on the trans.,the return line went on (but it gave me a hard time)going to radiator, but cant get the pressure line to go on the line from the radiator.the kit had 2 pressure hoses come with it but neither one will go on i have tried everything possible. I did notice that the replacements came with a one piece connection 4 little metal catches too it.The one i took off had a plastic quick release. I'm laying on my back trying to get this done! the original line had blown off while my wife was driving,she kept trying too make it back home when the car did not move anymore.Got it towed home jacked it up and there it was the line hanging down and trans. fluid everywhere! It smells burnt,but i dropped the pan expecting too find burnt clutches and metal in the bottom of the pan,but there was none of that.Note this is the 2nd time this happened.anyway is the parts wrong? the diameter look the same.i think i gave you a detailed description plus some!
Old 02-19-2018, 09:27 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Yeah had the same thing happen when in replaced the leaky lines on my '97. There is so little room to work the line onto the rad connection and get the end to properly snap into place. I ended up removing the radiator shroud for more room and then it was easier to get the hose lined up squarely and the connection snapped into place. When it connects correctly, it makes a solid and audible snap.