Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

93 with wiring issues, turn signal issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 93 with wiring issues, turn signal issues

Ok, so here's the deal. Bought myself a 93 Grand Cherokee. Folks I bought it from said all I would need to do to get the turn signals to work would be to reconnect them. So, I did what I thought they were referring to. That didn't work. I checked out the fuse block in the engine compartment. The IOD fuse was not in place. Plugged that sucker in. Got power to everything I had been missing power from. Except the turn signal still wouldn't work, although the hazard lights were working just fine. They worked so well, in fact, that they wouldn't shut off. So I pulled the fuse back out and everything turned off again. The back up lights and the brake lights work fine. There were a bunch of wires that look cut just hanging out below. I'll go out and grab a picture of it in a minute, just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Is it just the turn signal flasher or is something else in the convenience sensor or wiring messed up? Thanks.