Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2004 Laredo Blower Motor Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2004 Laredo Blower Motor Removal

Hi All,
I have the instructions and all the how-to's about removing the blower motor.
I can see the three screws no problem, so please, don't tell me just take out the three screws and remove the blower. There's the sticky rub. Thanks to the omniscient power of the college educated automotive engineers, there is a humongous, immovable wiring harness right up against the third screw and it seems impossible to get a torx, flat blade, or any other kind of drive on it. I am seeking help on non-destructive ways to move that wiring harness to access that screw. I can't be the only one with this problem, yet I've seen no mention of it anywhere.

Thank you.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Welcome to CF!

If your 04 is like my 00, you're talking about the wire harness that is covering the screw over by the door, correct? I found that by removing the kick panel on the side, you can tuck the harness out of the way, along with the antenna lead. You still have to push it out of the way, but taking the panel out gives you room to move it. I hope this helps.