Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

'02 GC Limited Yard Ornament

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default '02 GC Limited Yard Ornament

I have an ’02 GC Limited w/the 4.7 V8. Been told it is the Cali emissions model. Hadn’t started it in a couple of months and found the battery low when I needed to move it yesterday. Hooked the power pack booster up and it turned over just enough to start but would not continue to run w/o keeping the rpms up. Let it charge up for an hour or so and when I tried again I had nothing, zilch, nada. Switch it on and the key in the ignition chime won’t even go off. I have a cell phone mount that has an indicator light on it and it won’t even come on. This thing is deader than a doorknob. Looked at all the fuses and they are intact. Wondering about the relays? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated ‘cause right now I’ve got a yard ornament.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 180Tiger
I have an ’02 GC Limited w/the 4.7 V8. Been told it is the Cali emissions model. Hadn’t started it in a couple of months and found the battery low when I needed to move it yesterday. Hooked the power pack booster up and it turned over just enough to start but would not continue to run w/o keeping the rpms up. Let it charge up for an hour or so and when I tried again I had nothing, zilch, nada. Switch it on and the key in the ignition chime won’t even go off. I have a cell phone mount that has an indicator light on it and it won’t even come on. This thing is deader than a doorknob. Looked at all the fuses and they are intact. Wondering about the relays? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated ‘cause right now I’ve got a yard ornament.
Sounds like it needs a new battery. That was probably it's last go around. Try a different one that fits it to see.