Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What goes around comes around...

Old 08-23-2018, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default What goes around comes around...

SO.. this saga starts about 2004. One of my sons was going to Michigan Tech up in the Keewanaw Penn of Upper Mich, and for those familiar with it , it is not a place to winter for the faint of heart. He needed a better vehicle, and it just so happened a woman I knew was getting rid of her 2000 Jeep XJ in silver. It was a creampuff. I found out just after she traded it to a local dealer. I knew the dealer and told him I would buy it and he wouldn't have to touch it. Made the deal and I put the front bar on it and sent it off to the UP for the next 2 years as he finished school. I envisioned having the XJ soon...
I no sooner got it back then number 2 son needed a better vehicle to go off to college. Off it goes again, for 4 years. He finishes one degree, says he now wants a degree in engineering also. Off it goes for another 2 years. He graduates, still needs a vehicle. SO, he keeps it and while the wife drives a Liberty I am Jeepless, so I find a salvage/rebuilt LJ and have a Jeep for woods running. More stuff happens and my wife gets a new Liberty and gives her old Liberty to #2 son. I finally get XJ back. AND now I also have the LJ. Hmmmm how can life be any better?
BUT wife thinks having 2 Jeeps and 2 trucks for just me to drive is a little too much. (women, they just do NOT understand men.)
SO
I had to make a choice.. and it was no choice as far as I was concerned. I LIKED the Wrangler, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE the XJ
SO
I told her I was going to sell the LJ and put the money into the XJ, she replied, "Why, what is wrong with it?" (Women, they really DO NOT get it.)

SO
Affordable Offroad front and rear bumpers
Superlift 2.5" body lift
Smittybilt 9.5Winch
Quadratec light bar
Nitelite lites on the rack at rear
Smittybilt rack on top
Tires are now Goodyear Duratrac 30/10.5/R15s
Pretty much done for now..

OLD LOOK

OLD LOOK

OLD LOOK