Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to figure a few things out 1 cherokee lots of projects

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default trying to figure a few things out 1 cherokee lots of projects

Okay so I have a few questions that I am looking for suggestions on.

First off it is a 1997 xj with roughly 5 to 5.5 inches of lift measured from center of hub to crease in body panels
32x11.5r 15 AT tires fronts almost worn out will be replaced in time
sway bar disconnects
adjustable short arm lowers in the front
air intake
throttle body spacer (from reading previous posts I think I will be removing it)

first thing I would like suggestions on is a Slip Yoke eliminator with drive shaft I can do the install myself I just want a good yet inexpensive (not cheap) SYE

also I have the dreaded Death wobble. It does have an adjustable track bar with the ball joint type upper connection with the bracket but I can see the slop in the ball joint and I get a pop from it while turning. suggestion would be a way to replace just the worn out part without replacing the whole thing bad thing is I don't know what brand it is. it does have the adjustment sleeve and not a threaded rod.

Now for the fabrication fun. I will be needing shocks like 5000 miles ago. issue is that my left rear shock mounting stud is ground to the point of I will probably have to cut off the nut and need suggestions on how to replace the stud. I think I will install protective brackets to not have to do this twice.

kind of an easy one is reliable shocks that will allow a lot of articulation with the 5 inch lift but wont require selling my arms and legs after all it is hard to off-road without them.

All for the fun of it if this were yours what other toys would you like to install.

The PO is my best friend but he bought it already built and could not afford the labor to fix it so I knew what I was getting into but this is my first Jeep build and I want to do things correctly while still maintaining a little $$ for gas.

Thank you all for any tips suggestions comments whatever.