Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paprika Vs. Yeti

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: I've had a few...
Model: Cherokee
Engine: A secret
Default Paprika Vs. Yeti

Well today... I put a deposit down on a 2000 XJ with a kaboomed engine.

I currently have a 1996 XJ called the Yeti. She loves snow banks
Last fall I shot a rod threw the pan and never looked at the block with the piston out after replacing it with a new used engine... I got such a good deal! ($200 for an engine/trans with everything still attached, just cut wires after the connectors) From what I've seen, the sleeve is still clean.

I plan on putting 1 rod into the old block with a new oil pan and running that till she blows (if there is so scaring on the block). I got accesses to another engine for $300, but I can't hear it run... I don't want to buy an engine that needs rebuilding when I already have 2.

2000 XJ - Paprika
Auto
inline six (DEAD)
155k miles - 4inch lift (RC)
Maxxis mud slinger (?) 31's around 50-60% tred with fullsize spare
Tow package with trans cooler
np231j
Chrysler 8.25
Needs brakes

Some sweet hood pins and the hood release was removed.

needs rust work on the back drivers side window and floor boards are pretty wet. No holes in floor, but rust is there.

1996 XJ - Yeti
Auto
inline six (180k)
no A/C
210k miles - 3inch lift (RC)
Good Year Wrangler MTRs (The good ones!) 90% tread
Aftermarket reese hitch - I have a trans cooler I can put on in my garage, but that will be next time I have the front clip torn apart
np231j
Chrysler 8.25
Cat-less exhaust that ends where the cat would and shoots down (<3 Michigan)

NEEDS ROCKER WORK and FLOOR PANS need more work than the other.

Now... what jeep should I keep? I can't keep them both. I thought about flipping Paprika as it sits and sell it for $1200 nothing less or put a good engine in it and ask $3000 with minimum work done. (just brakes and a motor)

I would love to go down south and get a cancer free jeep, but I'm always looking for a good deal.

Tell me what YOU think.
I'm open to any opinions - no matter what I'm having an XJ... but maybe not one of these.

Whatever one is favored more is getting body work done.
Tomorrow I will be working on the Yeti a little bit so I will have pics of that sometime soon.