Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PA3OTIC (another 2000 XJ in VA)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default PA3OTIC (another 2000 XJ in VA)

So if you've glanced through my XJ thread "Family Rig" you've seen that mine was totalled and we bought another to replace it as my wife's daily driver.

No big plans for this thing, just stock height daily for my wife, but I'll do a build thread anyway in case we happen to come across some useful info while driving and maintaining it so we can share.

2000 Patriot Blue XJ Sport
4.0 L6
Automatic
ALL bone stock down to the working factory cassette deck. LOL

Front header panel has been beaten with bondo at some point and spray bombed a similar, but non factory dark blue. Shady spot of body filler over the passenger A pillar with dark blue rattle bomb as well. The rear hatch has been replaced at some point as well by what appears to be a light blue version covered in the same aforementioned dark blue spray can nemesis.

Factory chrome hubcaps
Window tint all around
Remote Keyless Entry
NO cruise control which grieves me endlessly and will be remedied quickly.

How she looked when we brought her home. Complete with nearly bald off brand street treads.

First things first, we threw on some General Grabber AT2 235/75-15 tires for our upcoming snow storms.

Next thing was a RKE fob refurbishing using 1 original and 1 junkyard sourced remote.

Temp was running around 190° so I slapped in a new thermostat and she's back to 210°. Then she Puked about a quart of coolant into my driveway so on went a new radiator cap, issue resolved. Still blowing weak lukewarm heat and a low growling from the blower motor.

Last night we found this mouse nest in the blower motor and removed it with a coat hanger and a hook bend on the end. Now we have strong air, but still lukewarm temperature. I checked the blend door servo and it's operating as it should.

Turned the blend door by hand and it works properly as well. My next step is flushing the heater core, but my garden hose is currently frozen so that option is on hold until it warms up some.

I'm planning on pulling an HVAC box from a 99 XJ at the junkyard next week-ish to make a rebuilt box we can swap in this spring.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:43 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

If found over $3 bucks in change when I got my XJ and cleaned it out. Good luck on getting heat!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 90
Engine: 4.0

Um... What's a cassette deck?
Old 01-23-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by OmgNoWai
If found over $3 bucks in change when I got my XJ and cleaned it out. Good luck on getting heat!
I've just found this quarter so far, but I'm not done cleaning it yet. LOL
Old 01-23-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scott'sXJ
Um... What's a cassette deck?
ROFLMAO!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:23 AM

Haven't found time to do very much to the wife's XJ lately. We did get her new personalized tags in the mail and installed. I started pulling the dash out of the junkyard XJ so I can snag the HVAC box from it. My plan is to rebuild the HVAC box from the junkyard Jeep with a new heater core, new A/C evaporator, and a new blend door. Then when I find the time to yank out her dash, all I'll have to do is swap the old HVAC box for the new one and put everything back together.

I also picked up an old Kenwood CD player while I was at the junkyard a couple weeks ago. It's nothing fancy, but at least she can play CDs now until I get her weak antenna sorted out. I bought a new antenna with a short mast for her XJ, but being short on time and cold as heck outside, I just haven't been able to install it yet. Hopefully I can get that installed when we swap her HVAC box out.

Also got to play in abiout 2 feet of snow on my way to work one Saturday a couple weeks ago. The new General Grabber AT2 tires did great in the snow.
Attached Thumbnails PA3OTIC (another 2000 XJ in VA)-picsart_02-18-07.21.54.jpg   PA3OTIC (another 2000 XJ in VA)-picsart_02-18-07.22.10.jpg   PA3OTIC (another 2000 XJ in VA)-picsart_02-18-07.22.21.jpg   PA3OTIC (another 2000 XJ in VA)-picsart_02-18-07.22.31.jpg