Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohio Armor

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 H.O.
Default Ohio Armor

Hello Jeep guys!
I am now a proud owner of a 94 Jeep Cherokee sport. After a long awaited search, I found my new winter ride. I came across it on Craigslist for 300 bucks! I went and got it at about 10:00 P.M. last night. It has the 4.0 high output with the 5 speed. It has high miles (212k) but it runs and drives down the road like a dream. I am assuming it was gone over at one time. Everything works well, including the 4x4. No ticking, knocking or smoking of any kind. The exhaust is quiet and there are no weird drive line noises.
Now the bad is that the floor is GONE! I have plans to do a whole new floor, front to back asap. I found replacement panels at a nearby place, for what I think is a good deal. http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlin...r=ms&p=sm-jeep
Has anyone done an entire floor repair and have any pointers?

My goal is to make this an indestructible Ohio, winter vehicle. I will be using rust preventative coating as much as possible and looking for any kind of defensive mod I can get. Any suggestions, helping me do so, would be great.

My plans during replacing the floor:
Some square tube reinforcement running from the outside of the rocker, through the rocker and tied into the unibody c-channel section, similar to others Ive seen on here. With square tubing running along the rocker.

If everything goes well I plan to do some sort of a lift. Maybe start with a budget boost, unless I can find a sweet deal on a 4-6". Wheel and tires to be decided. For now she rides stock height.

The tires that are on it are in very good condition. I have plans to get them studded for the nasty Ohio snow/ice that just started. Anyone have any comments on studded tires? Do they make a drastic difference?

I will try to keep this thread updated with lots of pictures as I go.
I only have one so far. I plan on gutting the interior, so I can dig into the floor, this next coming weekend.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1987
Engine: 4cyl

search the forum
there was a guy that got the FULL oem replacement floor for a few hundred. Think before you buy from that site. If you want come to y'town I'll show you how their panels "fit"
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

nice looking jeep
Old 12-08-2009, 03:23 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 H.O.

Originally Posted by Stan6406
search the forum
there was a guy that got the FULL oem replacement floor for a few hundred. Think before you buy from that site. If you want come to y'town I'll show you how their panels "fit"
i think I saw that thread your talking about. Didnt that guy work at a dealership and find them on clearance or something? So your thinking the floor that I found isnt going to fit well? Or maybe just possibly fit well? If OEM isnt much more I might just do that. Thanks for the input neighbor!