Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My WJ DD

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 242CI 4.0L I6
Default My WJ DD

Hi guys and gals,

Got my WJ back in May after i graduated from college. Started out as a bone stock 2001 WJ with the 4.0L, auto 4x4. I got HIM with 128,600 miles. first I covered up the rust on the tip of the hood with some Herculiner inside and out, it kind of looks like a hood guard. Next was a TBS, got that from ebay, just a cheap little one from OBX. After that was the tuneup of a lifetime for this little guy, new plugs, oil, air filter, gear oil for both differentials, trans fluid filter and fluid, recharge the AC, buy new tires (went with Dunlop Rover HTs 225/75R16, low money did that decision) and replace a tail lamp because of a bad circuit. So far I have also added a CB radio from Cobra and a magnetic mount antenna on the roof, and added RF 6.5inch speakers in the front and a headunit from Kennwood. Then at school I got my spline drive black lug nuts, CAI by Spectre and me.

Day HE came home

First time off road on bald bad off brand tires, did fairly well, no problems.

I've got many plans for this little guy:
- 2in spacer lift on the regular highway tires
- 4in lift by Zone or Rough Country on Baja Claws TTC or Duratracs
- 3.73 gears front and rear with ARB front diff cover (lime green)
- transplant Dana 44 from another WJ with 3.73s
- MBRP muffler
- dual firestix whips
- Home brew front, rear bumpers, rock rails, and roof basket (once a welder is allocated and I learn)
- 3pr of KC Daylighters
- KOR Tcase armor
- full size spare tire (I dont like being 200miles from home with a donut as my spare that has been used)

Remember DD til I get out of school in 2.5yrs, slow work in progress.