Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

Maybe a company build?

Old 04-29-2016, 03:47 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Maybe a company build?

Hello everybody, I have owned my 2001 XJ for about a year now. I have loved every minute of it. So far all I have purchase is a 4.5 RE lift and SYE but have not installed, I have many ideas on what I want to add in the future I just don't have anything set in stone. What I do know is that Im going to install the Lift with some Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Pro Comp Wheels, 33 x 12.50 BFG km2, and of course the SYE and CV driveshaft . And then I want to re gear, I have not decided on what I want to do yet gearing wise. After I get the lift and gears done my next step is probably going to be lockers, and then some armor. I have not decided yet if I want this to be a company build or not. I just started up a website so maybe I will turn it into the company XJ in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Maybe a company build?-img_0948.jpg   Maybe a company build?-img_0950.jpg   Maybe a company build?-img_1222.jpg  
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Old 04-29-2016, 04:46 PM
  #2  
CF Veteran
 
PurpleToxin505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2,820
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

At 4.5" go bigger than 33s youll want bigger then regret buying 33s. 35s are the new 33s anyway lol
PurpleToxin505 is offline  
Old 04-29-2016, 04:48 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

I've thought about 35's maybe after I get the lift on there. I will roll a 33 up there and a 35 and see what I like better.
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Old 04-30-2016, 12:56 PM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Well I think the speaker in my driver side door is blown. I was going to replace all of them anyways. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Old 04-30-2016, 02:52 PM
  #5  
Seasoned Member
 
Krakker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 270
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Tough Luck off Road View Post
Well I think the speaker in my driver side door is blown. I was going to replace all of them anyways. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Some better ones that work would be my suggestion. .. lol


Your choice really. I would think that any thing after market would work. You could probably get a good factory replacement from a Grand Chero at a JY for next to nothing. I've often found GOOD aftermarket ones just sitting in cars in speaker boxes. Depending on size, some of the factory infinity speakers are pretty nice. It's just a Jeep after all.
Krakker is offline  
Old 04-30-2016, 03:03 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
Some better ones that work would be my suggestion. .. lol


Your choice really. I would think that any thing after market would work. You could probably get a good factory replacement from a Grand Chero at a JY for next to nothing. I've often found GOOD aftermarket ones just sitting in cars in speaker boxes. Depending on size, some of the factory infinity speakers are pretty nice. It's just a Jeep after all.
Yeah I've heard of a lot of people use kicker. I may look into that, or just let it be for now and focus on performance stuff.
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Old 05-02-2016, 09:25 PM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Well I tried to get a full tune up done today, so I can get ready to install the lift. Every time I started one thing the phone rang and I had to go back to work, so hopefully tomorrow I have some time to get the tune up done and maybe get ready for the lift in a couple of weekends.
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Old 05-02-2016, 09:51 PM
  #8  
CF Veteran
 
JPXJMOAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,152
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default

Originally Posted by Tough Luck off Road
Yeah I've heard of a lot of people use kicker. I may look into that, or just let it be for now and focus on performance stuff.
I just pulled my factory infinity speakers out of my 99 XJ. I have 2 of them, just pay for shipping and they're yours. Good looking jeep!
JPXJMOAB is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 AM
  #9  
CF Veteran
 
PurpleToxin505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2,820
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Tough Luck off Road View Post
Well I think the speaker in my driver side door is blown. I was going to replace all of them anyways. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Im running some kicker 6.5s all around with a kicker 10" in a sealed box. ****s on the old bose crap in my audi.
PurpleToxin505 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 11:17 AM
  #10  
CF Veteran
 
WyoCherokee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Gillette Wyoming
Posts: 1,296
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche (MJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default

fancy speakers and amps/ subs are for ricers. Just get a set of working walmart speakers, check all wiring, and it will be plenty loud and clear.
WyoCherokee is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 12:53 PM
  #11  
CF Veteran
 
PurpleToxin505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2,820
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by WyoCherokee View Post
fancy speakers and amps/ subs are for ricers. Just get a set of working walmart speakers, check all wiring, and it will be plenty loud and clear.
No, they're for people who actually care about the SQ of there music.
PurpleToxin505 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 05:52 PM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by PurpleToxin505 View Post
No, they're for people who actually care about the SQ of there music.
I can see it both ways. I don't think that you should waste your money on speakers say over a lift but if you can buy both then why not I am definitely going to look into kicker this weekend and maybe even start buying some stuff. Thanks for the advice PurpleToxin.
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 10:04 AM
  #13  
CF Veteran
 
PurpleToxin505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2,820
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by Tough Luck off Road View Post
I can see it both ways. I don't think that you should waste your money on speakers say over a lift but if you can buy both then why not I am definitely going to look into kicker this weekend and maybe even start buying some stuff. Thanks for the advice PurpleToxin.
But its one of those things that doesnt cost near the price of a lift, and makes the day to day much nicer.
PurpleToxin505 is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 12:44 PM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 102
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by PurpleToxin505 View Post
But its one of those things that doesnt cost near the price of a lift, and makes the day to day much nicer.
Ok that is very true.
Tough Luck off Road is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tubur
Wanted
4
04-12-2016 11:31 AM
cyclonis11
Cherokee Chat
2
04-10-2016 07:41 PM
kclcpa
Vehicles
0
04-06-2016 10:13 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maybe a company build?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: