Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lifting my 2000 XJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default lifting my 2000 XJ

i bought a 2000 XJ completely stock about 2 months ago, i have done all the new car maintenance of replacing all the fluids, checking brakes/rotors, and got a full inspection. i am now moving on to lifting it, i am going with a rough country 3' lift and fully replacing the rear leaf springs. i have heard quite a bit about bolts breaking while installing the lift kit so i was wondering if there were any tips to avoid that or additional things to buy that could help with that problem, anything and everything helps!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Start soaking the bolts in PB blaster or some other penetrating oil. Once or twice a day for at least a week or so before you actually attempt to remove them. They can be hard to get to, use the little straw that comes with the can.

Good luck.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Jeremy Alexander
i bought a 2000 XJ completely stock about 2 months ago, i have done all the new car maintenance of replacing all the fluids, checking brakes/rotors, and got a full inspection. i am now moving on to lifting it, i am going with a rough country 3' lift and fully replacing the rear leaf springs. i have heard quite a bit about bolts breaking while installing the lift kit so i was wondering if there were any tips to avoid that or additional things to buy that could help with that problem, anything and everything helps!
No you're not. Go with zone, rustys, iron rock offroad or rubicon express better.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martlor13
No you're not. Go with zone, rustys, iron rock offroad or rubicon express better.
you're right, ended up changing my mind to a 4.5 inch zone lift with replacement leaf springs, gonna run some 33's with it and do some fender trimming