Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Speed Build

Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Speed Build

So I had this in a different build but that never really went anywhere, because I decided I wanted to make it a Jeep Speed build only.

There is a problem, it won't start. I also have tried turning it over so many times that the battery is now dead . I'm pretty sure it's a fuel issue, well it was a fuel issue. I'm thinking its now both a fuel issue and a battery issue.

I have so far removed the back door, and the two front doors, I plan to remove the two back doors, but the torx were stripped and I will have to remove them another way. I have almost completely removed the carpet, I also removed the lower plastic piece on the dash and and a bit confused as to what electronic box is bolted to it.

Anyways here are some pictures of it chilling in the garage.

What is this?

My plan is to get it running, install a fuel cell in the back, install a roll cage, install two racing seats, remove all non essential electrical components(what are non essential?!), cleaning up the wires, possibly removing all the glass, lift kit (not sure how tall), BAJA tires, front bumper with winch, rear bumper, light bar.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6

i gotta say you probably should keep it to one thread, just because your build thread doesnt take off in 2 minutes doesnt mean you need another one. now to the jeep, that all seems like something not capable of a jeep in my opinion. i mean it could but youd have to drop a few grand in on suspension upgrades. especially with wanting to put a fuel cell in it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 480 Likes on 412 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

If you are actually going to do JeepSpeed, better check the rules. There is a limit on suspension travel. Also there are specs on the cage. Check NAXJA. There is a JeepSpeed section there with some veteran racers.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rhutchinson609
i gotta say you probably should keep it to one thread, just because your build thread doesnt take off in 2 minutes doesnt mean you need another one. now to the jeep, that all seems like something not capable of a jeep in my opinion. i mean it could but youd have to drop a few grand in on suspension upgrades. especially with wanting to put a fuel cell in it.
I was thinking a 4.5 to 6" lift kit anyways, and the fuel cell won't weigh much, once I drop the fuel tank it'll be just the same weight or less.

Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ
If you are actually going to do JeepSpeed, better check the rules. There is a limit on suspension travel. Also there are specs on the cage. Check NAXJA. There is a JeepSpeed section there with some veteran racers.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to go check NAXJA!

Last edited by RedFang; 07-13-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM

So I was only planning on removing the rest of the carpet, but my screw driver just kept going Next step... figure out how to remove the AC system... since AC will be USELESS!

Sorry if the quality is a bit meh on the pictures I left my camera at work and only had my cell phone
Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0

Jeepspeed.com check out the forums.

-Murrdogg
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

or save up like $10k send your jeep to t and j and they send you back a jeep that meets all rules and regulations: http://tandjperformance.com/store/in...cclv7ubft0aog3