Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time jeep owner 94 xj sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 in-line 6
Talking First time jeep owner 94 xj sport

So I got myself a 94 jeep cherokee sport! Woo hoo! Finally! So I'm planning on starting out with exhaust lift tires and who knows what else. I want to do it good and right. I'm sure that it'll take me a while cause I'm a newb. But I'm looking forward to it so much. I've been dieing for a new project! So here's the jeep all stock so far. It's got the 4.0 streight 6 obviously, aw4, dana 30 front, Chrysler 8.25 rear. Umm what else should I tell you. I plan on building the ***** outta this thing over time. We 'll see how it goes. I'm sure I'll need help from you all along the way for sure! I'm starting out with a Rubicon Express 3.5" super flex short arm lift, with new rims, and 31" tires to start. Till I can get a trailer and a new truck to tow it with. Then it's going to get redicolouse in the future. I'm already starting to weld up a roof rack/basket for it for my spare, lights, and camping gear. Anything else I do is not planned. I have millions of ideas but nothing set in stone, or steel should I say. I'm a welder by trade with a college degree in fabrication and inspection so here's the jeep stock as I got it. It's pretty clean for a 94 with 206k miles on it.
Attached Thumbnails First time jeep owner 94 xj sport-image.jpg  

Last edited by Bignicky420; 02-03-2014 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Pic upside down!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:37 PM

I can't figure out how to flip the darn pics..
Old 02-07-2014, 06:00 PM

Default Lift installed

So I got a rubicon express 3.5" superflex lift kit for the jeep. Installed it. After 10 hours and a jeep friends help. Not to mention cutting and trying to find new bolts for the leaf springs. It's done. What a long pain in the butt that was. But all new springs, new bilstien 5100 shocks, quick disconnects, and new 31 10.50 15 tires ( pro comp mt2) and new steel rims with 3.75 back spacing I'm done with the suspension for now! Yay!! Lookin good so far. Also got a magna flow exhaust put in. And a cat back, Sounds great/looks great! I'm stoked!!!
Attached Thumbnails First time jeep owner 94 xj sport-image.jpg  
Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 PM

Gave me way more than 3.5" of lift for sure.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 PM

Default Temp sensor and heater contro valve

So my heater control valve blew a huge hole in the back of it on my way to work this morning. Heat wouldn't get warm and reading overheating! Sucks! Replaced that and still getting overheating readings. So after finally breaking down and pulling out my wallet to go to a mechanic they decided it was the temp sensor giving me a false reading. So got that replaced. Running like a champion again! Woo hoo
Old 02-07-2014, 06:10 PM

Default Roof rack

Now I'm going to weld me up a roof rack! Getting the plans all drawn up tonight and start fabbing it up this weekend! Also got some new plugs and wires to put in. Poured some sea foam in the engine to clean her out since nobody likes a dirty you know what! **** ! And some of the hydrolic rear hatch lifters to replace the old ones since I'm tired of it falling on my head all the time or having to put vice grips on them to hold it up lol. Let ya all know how it's going later this weekend!
Old 04-28-2019, 12:37 PM

Wow it’s been a long time and a lot of work since I last posted. Forever ago when I first got the jeep and started to work on it. I’ve come a long long way and learned a ton about this thing. “Beetle juice” as my daughters have come to name it looks nothing like he once did all stocked up. So I’m reenergized and way more knowledgeable in a lot of areas with this thing and I’m gonna start to post more about what I’ve done. What beetle juice and I have been through and where we go now that he’s almost ready for the big translation from a DD to a trailer rig. When I build the trailer I will post a detailed petite up step by step. As that’s what I do for a living. I’m a welder/fabricator. I work in a steel shop and we mostly build custom trailers. Boats, utility, car haulers. You name it I can build it start to finish. So maybe I have a little to offer to this community after all besides just asking questions about my XJ. Anyone reading this.. if you have any questions about trailers.. I’m more than happy to help. Anyways.. wish me luck on remembering all of this. It’s been like 5 years since last post.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:39 PM

Most recent pics I have handy. The day my door fell off. Not to mention it rained for 3 days after. Yay

So I said F-it. Took the other side off
Old 04-28-2019, 12:41 PM

Word of advice.. if your welds are braking slowly that are holding your door hinges on.. FIX IT. Don’t put it off like me. Karma kicked me in the *** for 3 days of cold wet drives to work.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:36 PM

There he is today