Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Daily Workhorse!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default The Daily Workhorse!

It began life as a 1993 XJ Sport that wouldn't crank, and had 3 flat tires, and had some critters occupying it!

That was 8 months ago, I have since put 20K on the odometer, and upgraded several bits and pieces!

The first thing was getting the Jeep running, I did that by bypassing the ignition switch, Changing out the Plugs, wires and distributor, and changing the Thermostat and radiator cap, along with a fresh oil change.

The Jeep also got a 3" Rough Country lift and 31" tires on the stock 7.5 rims.

I then put her into use as a daily driver, which included at the time doing home delivery of 300 newspapers daily!

During this time, I replaced the wiper motor, the water pump, the battery, added a speaker box, antenna, and stereo, replaced the non-existent headliner, and replaced the Brake calipers, pads, shoes and lines with steel braided ones. and upgraded to LIFETIME ceramic pads from Autozone. In the electrical dept, we changed out the dimmer switch , turn signal switch, and ignition switch, along with adding a new Steering Wheel.

Over the weekend, I added AIRLIFT bags, because I moved away from home delivery and have begun running a truck haul of 1500-1900 Newspapers Daily. When we put the truck up on the lift we found some other small items that need to be touched up.

1) Broken motor mount
2) Timing cover seal leak
3) Transmission is leaking so going o do fluid and filter change (inc. new gasket)
4) Install my 1" TC drop Kit, might change it to a 2" drop waiting to see
5) Put in a new TC output seal (that may not leak after TC drop)
6) Change out a serpentine belt

Not bad for an XJ with 224,000 on the odometer who is asked to perform like a work horse 7 days a week 365 days a year!