Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bout time

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default bout time

I figure I could start making one of these so I remember what all has happened to the jeep.
Bought it pretty much stock with 5.5 mixed short arm lift, sagged rear springs, 1 inch drop on t.case, cb.

1.Since then switched out the 1 inch drop with an aa sye and Tom woods rear drive shaft
2. Replaced front fender flares after losing one . Did some Google action and went with the $20 garden trimming and angled aluminum
3. Replaced the broken steering set up with a Currie hd set up
4. Replaced leads in the back to the re 4.5 inch with 1 inch shackles
5. After running into my stock front bumper a couple time thought maybe time for a new one. So i got a custom front winch bumper with an engo 10k and some procomp 9 in lights I found on craigslist
6. After hitting my Dana 30 and dropping all the fluid out I decided to find a rock ring, found a 1 inch thick rock ring used at FN Jeep and bam no more leakes
7. Wanted yo lock the rear but I had the 8.25 and Eaton does not make an e locker for it, so Frank from serious offroad built me a d44 with chromo shafts, 4.56gears, Eaton e locker, and full rebuild. Thanks Frank

CURRENTLY
in the midst of installing my lightly used rough country long arm kit. I was just going to get control arm drop brackets but I found this kit for the same price so figured why not. May switch out later but for the price I'm happy.
Oh yea and my horn dies so I got a $5 pics horn from harbor freight, so now my horn is awesome.