Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Jeep Builds
2000 xj Sport build 17 yrs old (3" lift, 31s, custom rack and brush guard) >

2000 xj Sport build 17 yrs old (3" lift, 31s, custom rack and brush guard)

Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

2000 xj Sport build 17 yrs old (3" lift, 31s, custom rack and brush guard)

Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 PM

Year: 2000 sport
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6
Default 2000 xj Sport build 17 yrs old (3" lift, 31s, custom rack and brush guard)

*before you read anything check out my car domain im ranked 3rd overall for cherokees*

Alright, this is the beginning of an obsession i never though i could have with a vehicle and never would of guessed. My dad picked me up a 2000 cherokee sport for 1000 bucks, in pretty good condition but had 178K and the engine was about to go. I was just excited to have a vehicle but soon realized how lucky i was to have an xj. This is when i first bought it

exterior was great no rust and a nice paintjob, but i almost immediately started doing **** to it

Got a set of 30" bfg AT on cragars with 4" backspacing.

Next i decided i was going to re-do the whole front end because as you can tell it looked like F*** and didnt even say jeep which is illegal in every way shape or form.

Not bad for spray paint, and got new headlights as well.

Next i got a roof rack from some guy in NY. All steel made by him and he did a great job. Welded fantastic and it mounted to the stock roof rails. Also had a spair tire carrier so i through my spair up, and that shovel is just ziptied on there haha

So this is what my jeep looked like as of then. Once this xj ordeal started it never ended and still hasnt, all i wanted to do was upgrade upgrade upgrade

Next thing i was looking for was a brush guard. I found this one at a swap meet for a grand cherokee but figured i could make it custom fit, whihc i did so. Made 2 steel arms come off of where you bolt the bumper on, lazer cut slits in the bumper, and then bolte the brush guard to the arms. Also sanded and painted it to make it look pretty.

Finally got a lift, 3" Rough country (add-a-leaf) ****ty i know. But it was 250. And to go along with the lift i upgraded to 31" bfg AT that had literally 98% tread all 4 for 175$. Swap meets do wonders

At this point i was really liking what my cherokee was coming out to look like. People in my school critisize me daily for the love i have for this thing. Every second im at a computer in school im looking at jeep stuff and for the people who have been whining in my ear, blow me

Next i bought 2 6" lights from walmart and hooked them up. They absolutely blew away my expectations with how bright they are.

Next i went back to walmart and bought 4 5" lights for the roof rack after i welded 4 tabs onto the rack. And yes i am poser flexing but i was just dicking around. Theres absolutely nothing for offroading near where i live. A couple of trails here and there but nothing that can really push my jeep and I

Mudding, hate it. Its for braindead rednecks. But one of my friends challenged me and said his ranger was better offroading than my jeep. So i had to go, and of course i beat the F*** out of him with the capabilities of a jeep.

The 6 lights as well as my normal lights are quite something at night. I drove at somebody at night with them all on just to see how bad they were and some guy had to stop and he just layed on his horn. So after that i knew they worked good haha

Next did something minor, took off those huge plastic bumper corner things. They are useless and looked like s***. And i replaced them with little bumper caps from an older cherokee

As you can see, the bumper caps look alot better and give it a meaner look and much more clearence

got some nice real tree seat covers and steering wheel cover. I think it looks sweet

most recent pictures of my cherokee. As good as the paint looks in these pictures let me asure you it is not. If you look closely at my paint job it has scratches everywhere. Only problem about having a black jeep. But honestly, i could care less about scratches, as long as i avoid dents.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

good lookin jeep i live in brooklyn about 20 minutes down 395 we should do some wheelin sometime
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 L

i like it!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
i like it!

im diggin it. well done. and i couldnt agree more with the addiction.. im addicted and its bad. i always say oh this will be th elast thing. then im DONE!! nahh never happens... i dont know what it is but the jeep has some type of vu do or something in it. iv had many cars,all which were always slammed lowered, which this is my first jeep truck" and iv never had addiction to the cars as i do with my jeep. maybe its th elifted feeling

It s def a jeep thing...

LiftedLife
Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 AM

Year: '92

Looking good. Always liked all black Jeeps.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Year: 2000

Nice jeep. im 17 too. check out my build i just posted. liked yours, hope you like me.
Keep on building it and wheeling it
Old 04-11-2010, 09:33 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L HO 242

Nice Jeep. Can I ask where you got the roof rack? I like it and want one for my jeep but don't feel like spending hundreds of bucks for s****y prefab plus I like the look of yours.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM

Year: 1990

Nice rack! Looks familiar...check out my build thread and you'll see why. Guess I shouldn't have posted my design with measurements and all if I wanted it to be one of a kind. Lol! Seriously nice build!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by KTMrider View Post
Nice jeep. im 17 too. check out my build i just posted. liked yours, hope you like me.
Keep on building it and wheeling it
Dont leave me out dude!

both of you nice rigs undoubtedly. give me some feedback on my build as well
Old 04-11-2010, 10:18 PM

Look good man! I remember the days when i was in high school...all my money went into my truck lol...then i totaled it and didnt get **** out of it....said I would never invest so much into my vehicle again....I lied lol
Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001

Looks great. I love the look of black XJ's too bad we cant have one here in AZ. lol

The brush guard is really starting to grow on me, where did you find it?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:39 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 high output

i am 15 and just bought a 93 2 door, thinking of adding a lift but cant afford big tires. any suggestions? p.s. very nice build!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered Users

Nice build man.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 PM

Lookin good! keep it up
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: Inline 6

black on black is unbeatable

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 xj Sport build 17 yrs old (3" lift, 31s, custom rack and brush guard)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: