Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Jeep Builds
1993 Project! Give me some ideas/advice >

1993 Project! Give me some ideas/advice

Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

1993 Project! Give me some ideas/advice

Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newton, NC
Posts: 9
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Default 1993 XJ Project! Give me some ideas/advice

Ok guys!

So I am a long time lurker. Thank you guys for everything you have helped me with so far!

The wife has given me the ok to start doing stuff to the old jeep!
I would love to go with a 4-6.5in or so with a lift. But honestly I am just not sure what I should do tire size etc.

A new front and rear bumper along with a roof rack?

Right now its setting on like a 2in lift and a brand new engine.

Help me pimp the baby out! I would love to hear your guys ideas and advice.

Thanks!

Name:  2014-07-09195620_zps2dfc6360.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  90.5 KB

Last edited by jasonszion; 07-09-2014 at 09:54 PM.
jasonszion is offline  
Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
crabmushrooms5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 651
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

cooling system upgrades. the whole shebang
crabmushrooms5 is offline  
Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newton, NC
Posts: 9
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Default

Ok Going on the list.
jasonszion is offline  
Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 PM
  #4  
Member
 
XJC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central Colorado
Posts: 143
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 H.O soon 4.7
Default

If you're trying to go to 3 inches and up you should look into Tom Woods Drive shaft and slip yoke eliminators unless you can find one more affordable. I do agree with the gentleman about the cooling sys. Cherokees are known for over heating . What are you looking to do with it?
XJC1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newton, NC
Posts: 9
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Default

Thanks for the input!

Can you give me a little more detail on the coolant upgrades you are suggesting?

This is will totally be my toy... Some trail riding and such. But I do drive it around quite a bit so I want to totally keep it riding and handling decent ( I know I know...).
jasonszion is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 07:11 PM
  #6  
Member
 
McGuinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waynesville, NC
Posts: 188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L I6 H.O. (242 CID)
Default

Originally Posted by jasonszion View Post
Thanks for the input!

Can you give me a little more detail on the coolant upgrades you are suggesting?

This is will totally be my toy... Some trail riding and such. But I do drive it around quite a bit so I want to totally keep it riding and handling decent ( I know I know...).
Cooling Upgrades

Water Pump - http://www.quadratec.com/products/71212_100.htm
Engine Oil Cooler - http://www.quadratec.com/products/94000_02.htm
Radiator - http://www.quadratec.com/products/51210_6227_07.htm
Cowl Intake - http://www.quadratec.com/products/17006_7101_07.htm

Other ways to cool you Vehicle in general would be doing the 3 fan Taurus upgrade replaces your single electric fan with three.. also can cut your hood for vents or if your feeling daring.. you can tackle the Cowl hood mod.
McGuinness is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 PM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newton, NC
Posts: 9
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by McGuinness View Post
Cooling Upgrades

Water Pump - http://www.quadratec.com/products/71212_100.htm
Engine Oil Cooler - http://www.quadratec.com/products/94000_02.htm
Radiator - http://www.quadratec.com/products/51210_6227_07.htm
Cowl Intake - http://www.quadratec.com/products/17006_7101_07.htm

Other ways to cool you Vehicle in general would be doing the 3 fan Taurus upgrade replaces your single electric fan with three.. also can cut your hood for vents or if your feeling daring.. you can tackle the Cowl hood mod.
Thanks man!

What about doing a tranny cooler? Have you found that to be necessary?
jasonszion is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 07:54 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
crabmushrooms5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 651
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Look into replacing mechanical pump with electric. They make 3 fan radiator kits somewhere.

Long arm lift kit, what differential do you have?

I consider my quadratec magazine to be a Jeep porno.
crabmushrooms5 is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:02 PM
  #9  
Member
 
McGuinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waynesville, NC
Posts: 188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L I6 H.O. (242 CID)
Default

Originally Posted by jasonszion View Post
Thanks man!

What about doing a tranny cooler? Have you found that to be necessary?
a lot of people run B&M Tranny coolers and i havent heard any bad reviews on them, i don't have an auto on my wheeler so i don't know for sure.
McGuinness is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 PM
  #10  
Member
 
McGuinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waynesville, NC
Posts: 188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L I6 H.O. (242 CID)
Default

Originally Posted by crabmushrooms5 View Post
Look into replacing mechanical pump with electric. They make 3 fan radiator kits somewhere.

Long arm lift kit, what differential do you have?

I consider my quadratec magazine to be a Jeep porno.
3 fan setups usually get expensive http://www.quadratec.com/products/17800_1111_07.htm
and he's probably got a C8.25 out back and a HP30 in front with 3.55s
McGuinness is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:10 PM
  #11  
Member
 
XJC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central Colorado
Posts: 143
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 H.O soon 4.7
Default

You can even do low budget things like a spaced on you hood hinges to make vent like gap at the opening closest to the your windshield.
XJC1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:21 PM
  #12  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newton, NC
Posts: 9
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by McGuinness View Post
3 fan setups usually get expensive http://www.quadratec.com/products/17800_1111_07.htm
and he's probably got a C8.25 out back and a HP30 in front with 3.55s
^thats it!
jasonszion is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
  #13  
Member
 
McGuinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waynesville, NC
Posts: 188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L I6 H.O. (242 CID)
Default

Originally Posted by jasonszion View Post
^thats it!
so have you decided on what brand lift and size your gonna go with?
McGuinness is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
  #14  
Member
 
XJC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Central Colorado
Posts: 143
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 H.O soon 4.7
Default

What does the hp mean in hp D30. Is that different then the D30/181
XJC1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 PM
  #15  
Member
 
McGuinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waynesville, NC
Posts: 188
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L I6 H.O. (242 CID)
Default

Originally Posted by XJC1 View Post
What does the hp mean in hp D30. Is that different then the D30/181
it means High Pinion
McGuinness is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1993 Project! Give me some ideas/advice


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: