Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

1992 cherokee build

Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 PM

Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 1992 cherokee build

First hello to the forum been a member for a while, mainly just seeing what everyone is up to with there builds ect. So how about a little background on me, mostly ive only had pickups as 4x4 but since i wanted more of a adventure vechile for weeked trips ect ,i decided to get something with more interior room. That is how i ended up with my project jeep xj/cherokee, i payed 500 for it since it wouldnt run properly (turned out to be a bad coil) so ya turns out i may have overpayed lol. I knew it was going to be a long project a little longer since i didnt have anywhere to work on it for the first year ended up in my gf parents driveway

so these are pics from the the ad
bth_6114i15_201_zpsb8c18978.jpg?t=1365990218

bth_5168ibj_201_zpsf8a76e69.jpg?t=1365990216

so it was a bit rough but had what i wanted which was 4 doors never wheeled and has the ho 4.0L

here are some random pics of my heap

and well the last one shows the state of one of the plugs lol
Old 04-14-2013, 11:22 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: Staright 6 High ouput

how much did you pay for this jeep?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 AM

i payed 500 for the jeep.A friend from work lent me half of his garage so i could do some of the more involed parts of this project, i knew the jeep had rust issue since the rockers where done. i pulled the carpet and this is what i found

so i decided the floors where done so i ordered new ones from rock auto
heres some pics

the kick panels had some bad rust spots so they had to get replaced to
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM

so here pics of the new floor

had to replace this part on both side since the metal was so bad,ahh i love rust

also i planned on doing the 2x6 rocker replacement so firgued i woould gut those since they where falling out anyway

as it stands now the floor is almost all welded in i just have to finish the seams underneath and clean up the welds. I bought all the the steel for the 2x6 rockers but will have to wait till i install the ruffstuff stiffners,and i have been holding off on that till i got this in

more progress to come, feel free the let me know what u think thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 PM

well since iam home sick figured id work on my build page, add some pics and kinda lay out my plans for my jeep.Here is the list of what i have already for the jeep

frame stiffners: I went with ruffstuff since well they seem to me the only ones i could get in canada and i had to drive to bc to get them

brown dog motor mounts: ordered them Awsome customer service,was a problem with the order and they went the extra mile to sort it out and make sure i was happy with the order,plus they look freaking awsome would defiently recommend them

bds 6.5 la lift kit: ordered and recieved kit,i wanted the long arm for the better ride quality ect plus cant go wrong with the warrenty

Things i plan on getting/doing:

rollcage: i was considering doing a exo but since i can get a kit for around 500 firgured it made more sense. that and the old lady said there was no way she would drive it with a exo hmmm which might be a plus

front and rear aftermarket bumpers: input on these would be appreicated, not completely sure which style i want to go with id like to keep the weight down but still have something that can take some abuse

rebuild t-case: jeep came with a np 242, what does everyone think of this t-case? worth rebuilding or is there a better option?

stroker engine: ya that will be a while

exhuast: thinking borla header and magnaflow muffler

intake : later model u shaped intake with a bbk 62mm throttle body

neon injectors

slip yoke eliminator kit: any recommendations ?

i will be changeing the rear axle out, had a line on a dana 44 but the guy sold it on me before i could get there with sucks. I still considering what to do for this, but think i might just search all over for another one

blah blah blah u get the idea iam sure will post all update as they happen
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM

time for some more random pics (yes iam bored out of my mind)

underneath with the floors cut out

preping to remove engine trans and tcase

got it all out wasnt a big deal to remove all as one and gave a alot more room for welding

read up on the heat issue under the hood and went to every jy in edmonton and could not find any lebaron vents so when i spotted a daytona turbo vent i grabbed it cost me 20 bucks

cut the hole for it (funny thing shouldnt have done this at 2am was a little tired and that resulted in this )

so ya i cut through the hood release cable which is why i will be doing hood pins
here is how it looks with the vent in

and underneath

i still have to finish up by welding mounts underneath ect and yes the vise grips turned into the hood release