Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 XJ needs more power and lights and what you think would be good.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Default 1990 XJ needs more power and lights and what you think would be good.

Ok, So i have a 1990 jeep XJ and I am looking to make it into the off road toy that it needs to be. My question to you all is what would be the best things to do so I can get it running better and get more power.

So far I am planning on:
New air intake
New Headers
New muffler

I have some ideas of what brands of stuff to get but I wanted to see what people have done and what does or does not work. If you have the links to it also that would be great.

I am also planning on hooking up several lights so far I will have 8 (6 front and two back) so on that note would I need to look into a second battery? If so, if any of you have a picture of how to place it in my jeep and how to wire it. Also if I do get a second battery do I need to look into getting a better altinator. Right now I have a red top altima and if I got a second it would be the same.

So in a nut shell if you could please tell me what you would do that would be awsome. Or you have a idea that im not thinking about

Thank you for your help