Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 XJ and Restore build.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: L6 4.0L
Default 01 XJ and Restore build.

I dropped my old thread seeing as it wasn't good at all.

As of right now with just getting my job back I havent been making much money to do what I want so ill probably just be using this as a maintenance update for now, at least for a month or two.

Wish List:

3" Lift (Still researching, any opinions and suggestions would be great)
31" Cooper Discoverer STT X5
Suggestions would be great seeing as im new to this

Maintenance Log.

-Oil Change
-Spark Plugs waiting to go in
-Gear Lube for Diffs
-Ordered a radiator fan shroud seeing as the P.O. broke it hitting a tree
-New Wipers all around
-Having trouble starting so im guessing fuel pump or spark plugs so well see after the plugs go in.

So far i took the seats out but some of the bolts were rusted to the floor so i need to cut those out before i can start ripping the carpet out and seein if there is any major rust problems. Ill herculine the inside and might but insulation and carpet back in not sure yet.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Hey it's your XJ to do as you wish... but why waste the money and time to Herculine the interior if you are just going to cover it back up with the carpet and insulation?? Here is a deal from Rusty's for the complete 3" Spring lift along with a set of 31's and rims or you can just hit up the 3" spring lift for a bit cheaper and pick up your own rims/tires. Another thing if you decide to get the kit w/ rims/tires you can call Rusty's and have the tires swapped out the F-C II's for the better Mud Country's... at least that is what I was told when I called to ask when I was looking at the 4.5" lift/ tire/rim combo... as they are pretty much the same price give or take a $1.00.... Just a thought for ya!!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Thanks for the input. 1. I helped a friend herculine his XJ and when sitting on the passenger side it was unbearably hot and my shoes started to soften from the heat of the exhaust. 2 Just added protection against moisture so if i do have to fix the floors it wont need it in the near future and if i dont its just helping prevent that from happening. its just a thought still dont know if im going to put back in or not.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by 01XJ&Steelersfan
Thanks for the input. 1. I helped a friend herculine his XJ and when sitting on the passenger side it was unbearably hot and my shoes started to soften from the heat of the exhaust. 2 Just added protection against moisture so if i do have to fix the floors it wont need it in the near future and if i dont its just helping prevent that from happening. its just a thought still dont know if im going to put back in or not.
I herculined my inside and its not really hot enough to start to melt shoes. its only warm to touch. but I can still feel the heat around my feet. But it doesn't get hot enough to make my shoes soft.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Maybe his cat was clogged, i know they can run pretty hot when that happens
Old 06-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Went out and pulled the crappy grey trim off and i think it looks alot better, pain in the *** to get the adhesive off.

Anyone know how to get pethair out of the carpet?
The previous owner obviously had a dog or cat and i cant find anything to get it out with
Old 06-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by 01XJ&Steelersfan
Went out and pulled the crappy grey trim off and i think it looks alot better, pain in the *** to get the adhesive off.

Anyone know how to get pethair out of the carpet?
The previous owner obviously had a dog or cat and i cant find anything to get it out with
There was pet hair in mine also.
inbetween the seats ect ect.

I got most of it with some duck tape.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:19 PM

yea, im having the same problem but i havent tried duct tape

Thx
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Default New England

Anyone in the Maine, New Hamshire or Northern Mass area know of good junkyards or pick and pulls, cant seem to find much around Sanford ME
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Easiest way to get rid of the pet hair, is to get rid of the carpet... you know you want too... LOL... That is a project I am hoping to get done soon is the herculiner on the inerior... I have ridden in a few people's Jeeps with the Herculined interior and it wasn't any warmer in the passenger area than mine is with the carpet and insulation...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by bluedragon436
Easiest way to get rid of the pet hair, is to get rid of the carpet... you know you want too... LOL... That is a project I am hoping to get done soon is the herculiner on the inerior... I have ridden in a few people's Jeeps with the Herculined interior and it wasn't any warmer in the passenger area than mine is with the carpet and insulation...

thats probably what ill end up doing. right now im just concerned with getting my heep what it needs. So probably mid summer is when ill herculine the interior,
Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Default odd sounds

Well yesterday i had cash in hand and was headed down to the local offorad store to see what lifts they had when i noticed a clanking sound when i turn the wheel so i have to put it off, any ideas on what it could be?

I cant find if its the u-joint, ball joints, or possibly bearings, or if thats even the case.