Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) Sport Build. And ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6 4.0
Default 00 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) Sport Build. And ?'s

OK you guys have probably seen threads like this countless times and i apologize if I'm just another n00b. And before everyone says SEARCH!!! I have and i still have ?'s.

I have a stock Jeep XJ Sport l6 4.0 4x4 that i use as a daily driver because well its all i have. I do no wheeling because i know it wont last with the OEM parts on it. but once done i will. And it sits a little to low for me seeing as i'm 6'4''. So i've done a lot of searching and i would like to go the route of a 4.5 inch Rough Country lift and 32'' tires. No certain brands in mind. Like the height and with Cragar soft 8's will give me that wide stance i like. Im pretty sure i will need a SYE and CV shaft. But the real questions i have are...

How will the XJ handle on roads and highways with the lift and tires? 70 mph top speed. if it matters
What do i do with the D35 sitting in the rear? Upgrade? if so to what? 8.25 or D44? Also whick gears would be best for id say 80% street and 20% wheeling if it matters as well.

On a budget but just piecing everything together so i can do everything at once. I know its not going to be cheap. Nothing is.

Thanks for the advice in advance. just saw the batman smiley and i just thought of doing the xj a batman theme.