Land Use Forum Utilize this forum to talk about our current and future land issues. Help keep the trails clean and open.

"Global warming"....EXPOSED? ! ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 10:06 PM
OAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default "Global warming"....EXPOSED? ! ?

Anybody else see or hear about this?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1258...p_mostpop_read

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...p_mostpop_read

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

sounds like the $#!t might be about to hit the fan?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee

The "Green" community is acting like it didn't happen, or the emails were somehow faked. Either way, the cats out of the bag and there are plenty of people upset. HOPEFULLY, the investigation being called for by Sen. Inhoffe will move soon...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 high output I6

It's about time

We'll see wether anybody runs with it or not
Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM

Year: 2000

Al Gore's "scientific" methods have also recently been disproven if i remember correctly. Hey maybe this may lead the the removale of catistophic converters in the distant? Well we can dream..
Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

hmmm i wonder what that will do to Al Gores award he was given haha. AND FINALLY they come out that it was a big hoax. I dont think alternative energy will slow down but i do feel that others should charged for manipulating the results...
Old 05-05-2010, 06:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: AMC242

Originally Posted by KTMrider
Al Gore's "scientific" methods have also recently been disproven if i remember correctly. Hey maybe this may lead the the removale of catistophic converters in the distant? Well we can dream..
There is nothing wrong with the use of catalytic converters on vehicles - and the SotA has advanced sufficiently that they're really not noticeable (except for all-*****-out performance applications.)

What I'd take would be a change in the current vehicular emissions regulations; such that the process would be streamlined, the visual inspection could be eliminated (since it's largely pointless anyhow,) modifications would be allowable, and they don't care how you meet the numbers, just so you meet them (and possibly a sliding discount on registration to accompany massively reduced numbers? Paying for the inspection is a surtax on vehicle registration - whether they call it that or not. Making it mandatory makes it a tax, even if it's not paid to the state.)
Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

Way to bring up an old thread hahaha! Those articles were from back in November. Rebuttal statements were already made to combat the scientists words that were twisted. As far as I know they never caught the hackers. One of the professors, Phil Jones who was the director at a university in Europe was let go. The other professor was a U.S professor at Penn State and was not let go because neither did anything wrong. Hackers used simple words as "tricked" found in the data to misrepresent what they were actually talking about.

Consider this: One research topic (such as tree ring data) does not form the whole basis for Global Warming science. Thousands of other pieces of data area used to piece it all together. The scientists involved in the situation make up 1/10 of 1% of all the scientists actively doing climate research. All real published scientific articles go through rigorous panels of review boards which most of them have more then 1000 peer reviewers that majority has to approve to even make the research legit.

For more info on the topic research: Climategate