Another Shoe Creek Run.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2/318 MSD Electronic Upgrades
Default Another Shoe Creek Run.

Looks like Sun., Jan. the 23rd is the plan.

Well ladies and gents, some in my area are looking to make a trip up to ShoeCreek soon. We're looking at the dates of 16th or 23rd. For us if would have to be a Sun. run as some of us have to work on Sat. Its posted as a poll on another forum so its up for discussion. Please, if interested post up what works for you.

If wanted/ needed, anyone wanting to camp out, I'm sure arrangements could be made.

Also, if interested and want any info on trail system or location feel free to shoot me a pm.

This is up in the air so lets plan. . .

Thanks, Jeremy

Last edited by OverEasy; 01-08-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Date set.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Your about 2 hours out from me and tomarrow is our Triad Trail Junkies Meet & Greet. I'm considering it, everything here is closed for winter. I'll put a feeler out for the group tomarrow. How long is the trail, diff, ect..? How long will we stay?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Black00XJ
Your about 2 hours out from me and tomarrow is our Triad Trail Junkies Meet & Greet. I'm considering it, everything here is closed for winter. I'll put a feeler out for the group tomarrow. How long is the trail, diff, ect..? How long will we stay?
Triad Trail Junkies Meet & Greet sounds fun to! Wish I was out in that area to get up with you guys.

Shoe Creek usually takes us about 4-5 hours to run. Of course depending on size of the group and no one has any issues. Its a fun, scenic (can be a relaxing) trail to run. The difficulty level is VERY stock friendly if you just want to run the trail. If you happen to be built, lockers, 33-35" tires, 4.5 - 6.5" lift... you will have a good time to. There are plenty of obstacles to play around on.

As far as how long our group usually stays, we usually head out from my place (or selected meeting spot) at around 9 - 9:30 (or earlier) and just run the trail and head back. The trail system is about 35mins from my place. A couple of us camp from time to time as well. If camping we try to get up there (in the winter) with enough sunlight to set up camp and get situated and wheel the next day. (Sat -Sun)
Old 01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I love running Shoe Creek but Sundays don't work for me. Being a youth pastor means Sunday counts as a work day. And right now, I think my wife would kill me for taking a day to run trails while she's waiting on flooring to be installed.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by no rdplz
I love running Shoe Creek but Sundays don't work for me. Being a youth pastor means Sunday counts as a work day. And right now, I think my wife would kill me for taking a day to run trails while she's waiting on flooring to be installed.
LOL! That's totally understandable. Also, no need to be on a womans bad side.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:10 PM

keep me posted if you decide to go to shoe creek the 23rd. im actualy going to be up that way from richmond that weekend and was already planning to go. it'd be really sweet if i was there with a group. The rig is just a xj stocker but i dont have a problem beating her up a lil haha
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by The.Green.XJ.Machine
keep me posted if you decide to go to shoe creek the 23rd. im actualy going to be up that way from richmond that weekend and was already planning to go. it'd be really sweet if i was there with a group. The rig is just a xj stocker but i dont have a problem beating her up a lil haha
Nice! I', kinda hoping its the 23rd myself. More than likely it will be.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

i'll go if the weather is permissible. get with me if you get a chance. i live off of fort avenue on saint cloud. 2 XJs out on the street, you can't miss it.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tural
i'll go if the weather is permissible. get with me if you get a chance. i live off of fort avenue on saint cloud. 2 XJs out on the street, you can't miss it.
Nice, I'm right off Campbell Ave, a block past the Basketball courts.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1987
Engine: 1987 4.0L (242 CID) I6 RENIX FI 242 173 hp (129 kW) @ 4600 rpm, 224 lb•ft (304 N-m) @ 4000RPM

Sundays wont work for me either, has to be a Saturday trip.

My girlfriend visits me for the weekends from out of state; she said if i go on a trail she has to go with, she is more excited about my jeep than I am.

We were looking at making a run up to Shoe Creek or GWNF the last weekend of the month. (Saturday Jan 29) One way or another. Hopefully we can see a few other XJ'rs if not, maybe next month.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

I don't see a problem with the either Sunday unless the unexpected happens. I need to get busy and slap the bumpers on the xj if work slows down enough for that to happen. Asked to work 7 days a week takes the fun out of a lot things..I will check back on date decided on, directions and time.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 PM

OP has been updated. Looks like we're going to try and run the 23rd of this month. Hope you can join!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Engine: none other

ok awesome i cant probably do the 23rd or shoot for that. me and a buddy of mine might be up there camping on that saturday just becasue we dont want to make a day trip only. ive got a couple things to fix first so hopefully i can get that done. but ill be aiming to make the trip either driving or riding.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by mtparker97
ok awesome i cant probably do the 23rd or shoot for that. me and a buddy of mine might be up there camping on that saturday just becasue we dont want to make a day trip only. ive got a couple things to fix first so hopefully i can get that done. but ill be aiming to make the trip either driving or riding.
LOL, I'm confused a little. You saying that you're going to try and make it that weekend. That Sun. if you don't end up camping up there? Just wanna make sure.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Engine: none other

ok what i am saying that im not talking about is i am going to make it not that weekend but will try to see you there on the 23rd. lol

no seriously yes i am going to try and make it there. me and derick(bassackwards) are shooting to camp saturday night. we are hoping to get there early sat morning to play and set up.

things i have to get done. swap out my bent rear axle shaft, install hobart locker, get rear drive shaft fixed, and may have time to replace the steering box as its leaking a little.

i do have the steering box(unsure of condition), do have rear axle shaft and welded rear on hand. gotta lenghten and balance driveline at shop depending on cost.

all this while trying to finish up the toyota build too. time and money will be the main factor in if i drive or ride with derick. but we are hoping to be able to get there. i will keep this thread posted if we cant make it or can.

Quick Reply: Another Shoe Creek Run.