North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

vermont jeepers

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default vermont jeepers

vermont jeepers!!! any green mountains jeepers out there in the 802 introduce urself and tell about ur rig...
Old 08-09-2012, 11:35 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

Hey im Sam, from eastern vermont. I have a a 2000 cherokee sport with rough country lift and 33's. Its a new in the works build for now. I like to wheel around reading, plymouth, bridgewater. Where you from?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L I6

Hey I'm Tom, I'm not Exactlu a resident.... But my family did just purchase a vacation house in Wilmington .... I've got a red 94 5sp xj on 4" and 33"tires, and in about 3 weeks I'll be at 6.5 longarm. I'm curious if there is any good trails out there? I kinda wanna find a club because ican only imagine with the amount of tree huggers there, good wheelin spots are jar to find?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 PM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L (242) SMPI I6 Power Tech engine

Hey guys. I go to college in Vermont so I guess that makes me a resident. I am in Poultney, south of rutland. I have a 2001 with 4.5 inch lift bumpers, sliders, winch, rack, and 31's. I am definitely up for some wheeling. There is MORE Park which is in New York, just over the border. Hopefully we can all meet up and wheel.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vermont_XJ
Hey im Sam, from eastern vermont. I have a a 2000 cherokee sport with rough country lift and 33's. Its a new in the works build for now. I like to wheel around reading, plymouth, bridgewater. Where you from?
im from mt. ascutney vt really close to reading ive got a 96 emerald green 4.0 a misc lift a lil rough country a lil rubicon express and some IRO stuff too but i know of quite a few trails and now that the mountain is shut down theres a knarly trail that goes right up the mountains old ski trails, me and a buddy from work went up about halfway with his jk and mine and im really glad im not stock cuz his four door rubbed quite a bit on some of the stuff but nothing too extreme if u don't wheel hard enough or just don't really wanna break ur s**t mostly try rocky terrain but rly sttep i had to air my bfgs down a bit but she'll crawl lmk if u and few more wanna meet up sometime we could wheel a few different places i'll have to snap some pics next time and show u how high up u get compared to surrounding towns
Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by tomborsari
Hey I'm Tom, I'm not Exactlu a resident.... But my family did just purchase a vacation house in Wilmington .... I've got a red 94 5sp xj on 4" and 33"tires, and in about 3 weeks I'll be at 6.5 longarm. I'm curious if there is any good trails out there? I kinda wanna find a club because ican only imagine with the amount of tree huggers there, good wheelin spots are jar to find?
i know of a bunch up my way im in ascutney, theres the mountain trail, queen victoria rd, and my uncle owns part of hawks mountain in cavendish and theres lots of small brooks to cross and u can find just about any terrain there from easy to moab type stuff, mud, etc. and its all private so no worries about landuse
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Blind Driver
Hey guys. I go to college in Vermont so I guess that makes me a resident. I am in Poultney, south of rutland. I have a 2001 with 4.5 inch lift bumpers, sliders, winch, rack, and 31's. I am definitely up for some wheeling. There is MORE Park which is in New York, just over the border. Hopefully we can all meet up and wheel.
i know exactly where ur at and im guessing you go to castleton, me and a couple buddies are always looking for the more the merrier lmk if u make it out my way at all theres lots of trails
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

u ever been up to chateguay in bridgewater theres some nice trails there?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by tvarney26
u ever been up to chateguay in bridgewater theres some nice trails there?
I havnt been much around bridgewater. Just the Coolidge Natl Forrest trail that goes into Readings Chase Corners. Lets get together and go wheeling soon. Im living right in windsor now.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM

I havnt been much around bridgewater. Just the Coolidge Natl Forrest trail that goes into Readings Chase Corners. Lets get together and go wheeling soon. Im living right in windsor now.
yeah i wanna see if my couple buddies with there wranglers wanna go sometime too... im gonna be moving to hartland soon so i might be a lil busy but ima try to find some time, and id like to get my new IRO double shear track bar in before cuz last time i could feel the stress on the front end
Old 08-24-2012, 06:21 AM

yeah i wanna see if my couple buddies with there wranglers wanna go sometime too... im gonna be moving to hartland soon so i might be a lil busy but ima try to find some time, and id like to get my new IRO double shear track bar in before cuz last time i could feel the stress on the front end
oh and wat rc lift u got? i only got a 3 now but ima shackle the back and i got another add a leaf to put in too so im think i might buy 5.5 inch coils or coil spacers
Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM

oh and wat rc lift u got? i only got a 3 now but ima shackle the back and i got another add a leaf to put in too so im think i might buy 5.5 inch coils or coil spacers
Im running the RC x-series 4.5 lift and 33x12.5 BFG alt. I still have room for a shackle and spacer or taller coil up front. If you dont have one yet i have a spare transfer drop case kit. I dont know why RC gave me two, but i figured id keep it around
Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Im running the RC x-series 4.5 lift and 33x12.5 BFG alt. I still have room for a shackle and spacer or taller coil up front. If you dont have one yet i have a spare transfer drop case kit. I dont know why RC gave me two, but i figured id keep it around
sure i'll take it itll come in handy when i go up a bit more
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 PM

sure i'll take it itll come in handy when i go up a bit more
oh and did u regear at all for those 33s or r u runnin 3.55s like me, i kinda want to go to 456s
Old 08-24-2012, 03:33 PM

stock gears still. Im not even sure whats back there. It doesnt feel underpowered at all. Its a 2000 with a Chrysler 8.25.

Quick Reply: vermont jeepers