North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

Posible Upstate NY Meet & Greet?

Old 02-18-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output
Default Posible Upstate NY Meet & Greet?

I'm just wondering how many Upstate NY Jeepers want a meet and greet somewhere, maybe a trail ride? I'd like to wait for the snow to be gone (so I can find more trails to wheel) and so everyone doesn't have to worry too much about salt and ice, etc. I'm located in Saratoga County if anyone's interested, I know a few vacant lots around town, and a challenging trail in the Lake George area. Let me know what you guys think. And an update on the XJ; ordered the upgraded block brackets from M.O.R.E., they should be here on the 22nd

Also, an idea. Sporty's Iron Duke Saloon in the town of Minerva (yes, quite a drive from the capital district) is having their 6th Annual Jeep Jamboree on April 3rd. Its a mud bog, a hill climb, a bbq, and the adironack's only legal burnout pit (I know, a waste of tires but it looks cool). I have a few Jeepers coming along, both of them XJ's.

Last edited by Lifted96XJ; 02-18-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L Power Tech I-6 Engine

sounds interesting... the meet and greet could work as i am trying to get one going on Jeep forum so i will keep you posted or you can head over there and check on when we are doing it
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 PM

I'm not 100% sure when we can have a meet and greet. I am definitely heading to the Jamboree up at Sporty's, though. I'm down to have one whenever really, it was just a suggestion. I'm going to talk to the City of Saratoga Springs or the Parks and Rec department and see what it takes to hold one in Spa State Park (they have the giant open field near the warming hut where one can be held). We'd just have to wait for the snow to be gone.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:27 AM

ok, well i am trying to get one together for March 13th, near/in the lake george area exact time and place still tbd... I will keep you posted on what is going on... the only thing i ask is that you have at least one tow point front or rear, more is always better. there is a possibility for some wheel'n as well that day, so come prepared for anything. never know what we will end up doing.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 PM

sounds good man. i'll tell my XJ buddies when it is and try to get some time off myself.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 AM

Here is all the info I have at this point... the meet and greet with possible trail ride will be on Saturday, March 13th at about 1000. And we will be meeting at the Stewarts on Rte 9 in the south end of Lake George Village.

if anything changes between now and then, i will let ya know
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM

Engine: 4.0 Liter H.O

That blows, I wanted to go but I'm out of town that whole weekend, do you know if there will be another one anytime soon after that?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by SpacedOutXj
That blows, I wanted to go but I'm out of town that whole weekend, do you know if there will be another one anytime soon after that?
there will always be another, but as not sure when the next one will be...
Old 02-26-2010, 09:03 AM

the 13th sounds good. depending on the condition of my dad, (he's in the hospital, lung cancer. he's doing fine, just sore and tired. they got the tumor out so he's glad. he's in good spirits, as well. even asked about me jeep waking up in recovery yesterday) i'll be there. i might bring along another XJ guy, depending if he gets stuck again (haha)
Old 02-26-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lifted96XJ
the 13th sounds good. depending on the condition of my dad, (he's in the hospital, lung cancer. he's doing fine, just sore and tired. they got the tumor out so he's glad. he's in good spirits, as well. even asked about me jeep waking up in recovery yesterday) i'll be there. i might bring along another XJ guy, depending if he gets stuck again (haha)
best of luck with your dad, sorry to hear that, glad he is doing good...

the more the merrier, and a buddy of mine that will be there usually gets high centered when we hit the trails together, and i usually end up water logged some how... besides, i got me a winch now, i look forward to getting stuck now lol i am still mostly stock, but it dont stop me much
Old 03-01-2010, 02:44 PM

do you have an exact address for that stewarts? there's a million of them haha
Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 PM

do you have an exact address for that stewarts? there's a million of them haha
lol, not yet, when i talk to my buddy up there, i will ask him to get it, then i will get it posted up here...
Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by drgnhrt1979
lol, not yet, when i talk to my buddy up there, i will ask him to get it, then i will get it posted up here...
awesome. i got a group started on facebook "Its a Jeep Thing...", and some others i'm in are all looking for a meet and greet around here. i even have a guy from out in binghampton who might make the drive up
Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM

awesome. i got a group started on facebook "Its a Jeep Thing...", and some others i'm in are all looking for a meet and greet around here. i even have a guy from out in binghampton who might make the drive up
do you have an estimate of how many you may have show up?? just trying to get an idea so i know how we may do the trail ride... remember it wont be anything to extreme, just some logging roads/trails, but with the snow if it is still there will add to the fun.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM

i'm pretty sure they guy from Binghampton's coming out, and my buddy Jake (98LiftedCherokee) is coming up with me. I'll see if this kid at my school with a TJ wants to come along, and there's another Cherokee, too. I'll ask him. So far, definite 1, possible 3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Posible Upstate NY Meet & Greet?