'95 Sport - Complete Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Cool '95 Sport - Complete Restoration

In November of 1994 I had the delight of ordering from the factory exactly what my son wanted for his 18th birthday (coming up in January 1995) -- a new black Jeep Cherokee Sport! Over the years his mother said she didn't know who enjoyed it more -- him or his daddy. He's an architect now with his own family, but Pa still has the old Jeep with a boat-load of memories and sentimental value. I'm not a rich man by any means -- but that Cherokee is priceless. Today, if you were riding in the front passengers side, the carpet would be the only thing between your feet and the road! I've also got black duct tape on the roof to cover several 1" holes. There's not hardly any rust on the body itself. The engine runs great. It drinks gas like a wino (has anyone ever heard of any type of "engine swap" in a Cherokee? Seriously!) The upholstery fabric is good -- just needs cleaning, the springs fixed and more padding. What I'm getting to in all this is: I live in St. Pete, FL -- but I'm retired and willing to drive a reasonable distance. Somebody please tell me who SPECIFICALLY does complete JEEP CHEROKEE RESTORATIONS -- and would have ACCESS to, and the KNOWLEDGE of -- all the LITTLE things, that other places would not have!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO

Just do it yourself! If you turn it into a slow project, it won't kill you financially and even with the simplest tools and basic mechanical knowledge, you could do a large majority of it yourself. Maybe your son would even be willing to help, think of all the new memories! A quick google search will find you any part you could ever need, and I'm sure there's a quality body shop near you that could fix the rust.