Trails close to CMU

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6
Default Trails close to CMU

Just curious where the closest trails are to Central Michigan University. My girlfriend goes there and could use some Satuday fun.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Banned

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

I'm the next county over and I don't think there is too much on the line of trails around there or here... which stinks. I always gotta ride up to Houghton Lake to hit the trails
Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Well thats a bummer. Thanks for letting me though before I went out and explored for no reason ha
Old 02-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Banned

Yeah, it's no fun here... as soon as I graduate college I'm getting the heck outta here and moving up state somewhere lol
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 HO

Really? There are a few cool places to go explore around there. First and foremost, Rocks and Valleys is less than a half hour away up there in Harrison. Then there's the seasonal part of Magrudder road out by Olson, the seasonal part of Hope road out by Sanford, and the ever popular Blueberry Lane between Midland and Sanford. I always try to hit up a couple of those places whenever I find myself back in town. Be warned, sometimes the holes are super deep.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM

That sucks! I knew there was a park near there. It was open on Saturday too. That actually bums me out a bit but now I know what it's called ha. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Haha. Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier. I have a bunch of friends with 4x4s in that neck of the woods that I am sure would go run with you. Keep me posted on when you are heading down there and I might even come up for a weekend to bomb some trails.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Banned

I live like 5 houses off of hope road by the fire barn lol. I knew there was trail up the road but I never went back there before, I thought they were just somewhere where all the kids go drink at. And blueberry lane? What's that? Is that on titibiwassi road or something like that? I also know that there are some trails just off of west river road on the other side of the lake. And yeah there's rocks and valleys but I thought he would have already knew about that lol. Gosh darn it get over here and show me these places!!!!!!! I live here!!!! lmao
Old 02-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by crazyXJgirl
I live like 5 houses off of hope road by the fire barn lol. I knew there was trail up the road but I never went back there before, I thought they were just somewhere where all the kids go drink at. And blueberry lane? What's that? Is that on titibiwassi road or something like that? I also know that there are some trails just off of west river road on the other side of the lake. And yeah there's rocks and valleys but I thought he would have already knew about that lol. Gosh darn it get over here and show me these places!!!!!!! I live here!!!! lmao
Yeah, Hope road is super fun in the spring time. Just make sure you have someone with you, cause you are almost guaranteed to get stuck when it is wet. And yes, everyone does go back there and have fires and drink. However, I am about 100% sure that those shenanigans are illegal though.

Blueberry Lane is the proper name for what the kids all refer to as Dublin Rd. It actually shows up on the GPS as a road. Kinda sweet. The name does, in fact, have nothing to do with all of the blueberry farms on Tittabawassee Rd.

I have been to the trails (on a mountain bike, Burns Rd.) by West River Road too, but, to be honest, I don't think there are legal roads out there. I'll look into it some more, but I am pretty sure that it isn't kosher.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mittenbilly
Yeah, Hope road is super fun in the spring time. Just make sure you have someone with you, cause you are almost guaranteed to get stuck when it is wet. And yes, everyone does go back there and have fires and drink. However, I am about 100% sure that those shenanigans are illegal though.

Blueberry Lane is the proper name for what the kids all refer to as Dublin Rd. It actually shows up on the GPS as a road. Kinda sweet. The name does, in fact, have nothing to do with all of the blueberry farms on Tittabawassee Rd.

I have been to the trails (on a mountain bike, Burns Rd.) by West River Road too, but, to be honest, I don't think there are legal roads out there. I'll look into it some more, but I am pretty sure that it isn't kosher.
So all this time I could have just drove the whole mile or two up the road and have trails... but there's trails on Dublin?? Because Dublin just goes from Saginaw Rd. to Tittabawassee Rd...? Are the trails beside it or what? lol I think I gotta drive down there tomorrow or Thursday. And yeah I wasn't sure in Burn's road was legal or not either. I rode back in there a little bit but the chatter bumps ticked me off and I turned around and left lol. I did see a couple other people wheelen in there though. Let me know next time you're in Sanford, I live on Sanford Rd.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM

Here is a map of Blueberry Ln. As you can see, it is north of the freeway. Also, last time I was down Hope Road (October), there was a rather large body of water that seemed to randomly cross while almost to Bombay Rd. Since it was like 12:30 in the morning, I couldn't really get a solid grasp as to what was going on. You wanna check it out and let me know?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Banned

Yeah I'll see what I can do :-) and I forgot about the other half of Dublin lol. Today I am just celebrating that I got a snow day and I had a math exam this morning, woot!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by crazyXJgirl
Today I am just celebrating that I got a snow day and I had a math exam this morning, woot!!
Sweet. I heard you guys got like 10 inches of the white stuff. Put on the chains!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Banned

Ohh yeah we got some snow lol. I don't got any chains but I got a tow strap in the back just in case lol. Jeep tried to throw me in a circle last night in 4wd on Saginaw Rd on the bridge by the Sanford Park, I almost nailed the guardrail lol. Bright and sunshiney day today though :-)
Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 PM

Year: 2009
Default sanford

Interesting to find a thread about Sanford.... I am a long time resident but only recently reacquired a Jeep (former Cherokee owner - now a Wrangler owner). I am a mile or so from Burns Road that someone mentioned. I guess I will have to explore a little - looking forward to Spring. I will keep this thread and check out all the places listed. Why not, all within a few miles. I will skip the spin out on Saginaw Rd, however.

Quick Reply: Trails close to CMU