Information on Colorado off-road trips

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Information on Colorado off-road trips

I am planning a trim from Missouri to Colorado for some wheeling either this summer or next. I have found a few threads people posted of their trips to Colorado but can't find too much. Does anyone know of any links or information to these threads? We are planning around 4 or 5 day trip. We will camp the whole time, wouldn't mind staying at actual camp grounds a couple nights.
I will be in a 97 Cherokee 3" lift with 31's. Any information or links to information would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

While I'm not down there and haven't done all that much wheeling there yet, We are planning a trip down for next year... Moab last year, Rubicon trail this year. So far, the trails on my list are China-man gultch, the holy cross trail, and kelly flats. Sure my family all had a few of their own and we will cram as much as we can in. My aunt lives in Colorado springs so we will probably use that as a staging point and will camp when needed. I think you will find that there are campgrounds all over the place in this part of the country and most of the time, even if there isn't, you can pitch camp just about anywhere in any of the numerous national parks/forests. If your worried/looking for a shower, we just carry one of the portables with us. Heat up enough in the sun to make it enjoyable. Or there is always truck stops There are a ton of campgrounds though, you should have no problems.

The guys in this section should be able to help you out much more!

Last edited by Ianf406; 03-12-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Year: 1991 2-Door
Engine: 4.0 liter
Default Info

There is a great site that would be helpful to decide on some trails/ I go to it often, http://www.traildamage.com/