Old 02-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Big Bear Off Road Recovery

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to make a post about this company for ANYONE coming to Big Bear. I am a local and fairly confident about navigating the forest roads of our beautiful area. Last week my wife and I were driving along 7 Oaks Rd. when we plowed into a snow drift and got stuck. Originally, I was going to call a friend and come back the next day to dig and hopefully get Uncle Jesse (our Jeep) out. We got a ride home and did some research. We found Big Bear Off Road Recovery, and I can't say enough about the service. I came to Steve at 8:30 PM and we had our Jeep in the driveway by 11 PM.

Super professional and he uses a 2001 XJ to do most of his recoveries. For rock crawlers, if you break something on the trail, he'll come out with a trailer and a welder. You'll be back in town in no time. Many people go out on these roads in vehicles not meant for off roading, like a Nissan Maxima, and get stuck. If you know anyone like that, please make sure they have his number as well. He told me even the local Sheriffs call him to pull them out lol.

Hope this helps someone out in a jam. I know it did for us, and the education he gave us alone was well worth the price.

INFO:
BIG BEAR OFF ROAD RECOVERY
Steve Thompson
(909) 222-0265

Best
Brendan

Last edited by ButtStripe; 02-01-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Thanks for the info...added it to my contacts list

Originally Posted by ButtStripe
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to make a post about this company for ANYONE coming to Big Bear. I am a local and fairly confident about navigating the forest roads of our beautiful area. Last week my wife and I were driving along 7 Oaks Rd. when we plowed into a snow drift and got stuck. Originally, I was going to call a friend and come back the next day to dig and hopefully get Uncle Jesse (our Jeep) out. We got a ride home and did some research. We found Big Bear Off Road Recovery, and I can't say enough about the service. I came to Steve at 8:30 PM and we had our Jeep in the driveway by 11 PM.

Super professional and he uses a 2001 XJ to do most of his recoveries. For rock crawlers, if you break something on the trail, he'll come out with a trailer and a welder. You'll be back in town in no time. Many people go out on these roads in vehicles not meant for off roading, like a Nissan Maxima, and get stuck. If you know anyone like that, please make sure they have his number as well. He told me even the local Sheriffs call him to pull them out lol.

Hope this helps someone out in a jam. I know it did for us, and the education he gave us alone was well worth the price.

INFO:
BIG BEAR OFF ROAD RECOVERY
Steve Thompson
(909) 222-0265

Best
Brendan