Anyone in the area wanna do some small wheeling

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 str. 6
Default Anyone in the area wanna do some small wheeling

so i got my jeep back and despritly wanna get out and get it dirty, im still pretty stock and dont know too many of the area, im thinkin tahlya something light and kinda easy, anyone around the thurston co, wanna go through capt forest, maybe rock candy???
Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

when were you thinking about going? I got to do some work this weekend and next but the weekend after that Im down. Ive never been but Im getting my lift and new tires next weekend so after that I wouldnt mind scheduling something
Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by cob24
when were you thinking about going? I got to do some work this weekend and next but the weekend after that Im down. Ive never been but Im getting my lift and new tires next weekend so after that I wouldnt mind scheduling something
sweet. well i havent been ether...capt forest and rock candy isnt too exciting. but tahuya is better i guess nvr been there. but if you wannt assist with the lift. could get some experience for mine. soon...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 HO

If you guys head to tahuya PM me or post here, I am over on that side of the water a lot and would defiantly like to go.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: I6 4.0 HO

also new to the area, been up to elbe some going this weekend saturday at 8:30 am, but ya im down for some more wheelin at tahuya
Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by wanagojeep
sweet. well i havent been ether...capt forest and rock candy isnt too exciting. but tahuya is better i guess nvr been there. but if you wannt assist with the lift. could get some experience for mine. soon...
Someone is helping me install it on post next weekend so Im not sure if we could get you on to help with it. Ill talk to him and find out if an extra set of hands wouldnt hurt. But to get you on there you would have to meet me off post and I would bring you with me. But assuming I get the parts next week the plan is to do it early saturday morning
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 HO

whats elbe?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by cob24
Someone is helping me install it on post next weekend so Im not sure if we could get you on to help with it. Ill talk to him and find out if an extra set of hands wouldnt hurt. But to get you on there you would have to meet me off post and I would bring you with me. But assuming I get the parts next week the plan is to do it early saturday morning
yeah, dont worry about it. yeah my friends dads retired and telling me all his stories...i was thinking navy, but need to study.

hey elbe is an OHV park on the southern half of ranier, right below evans.

ok so overall, not this weekend or prob next week, i need to fix y ignition swich, locked up on my so possibly next weekend or week after.

Last edited by wanagojeep; 02-12-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Im down for a run to tahuya i need to go wheelin again soon. Ill watch this thread to see. Im usually only available on sundays to go out tho.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:15 PM
CF Veteran

Im still waiting on the feds to dish out the cash so Im not available until probably the first weekend in march, but if we are lucky I might be able to pull it off for last weekend in february. Im in tacoma where is a good meeting point for us to start our run? Maybe a diner for some breakfast and then head over there? My little brother is supposed to be home on his R&R and I would like to have him be able to come along too. But in the end I guess my avalabilty all depends on the feds
Old 02-14-2010, 04:56 PM

ight so plan for last week of feb or first week of march area...
Old 02-19-2010, 08:18 PM
CF Veteran

uncle sam got his act together and hopefully I will be installing my lift and tires next weekend. That puts our little mini run on for the first weekend in march. Also that weekend is the swap meet that the big group is planning on. So we have to make some plans here or else one of them is going to left behind
Old 02-19-2010, 09:17 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

there is a spot in Puyallup/Graham
Old 02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

If you boys put together a couple or group of you who want to go Tahuya, let me know a day, time and place to meet up with you and I'll be there. The Micky D's in Belfair usually works good for guys coming from different directions. Yeah, getting on Ft. Lewis without a military ID can be pretty impossible. Whoever was talking possibly joining the Navy, if you want the straight scoop and no Recruiter BS, PM me anytime with any questions you have. I'm approaching the end of my Navy time. I am a Navy Chief Petty Officer...hehe...E-7 to you Army guys. I'll be retiring in June afterserving 24 years in the Navy. It's been mostly good and fun for me.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
CF Veteran

we will post the info as we figure it out...I know what a cheifs e grade is thank you very much
So can you tell me what is in that darn box they make you guys carry around b4 you get your 7? j/k
I asked someguy what was in there when i was in iraq and Im pretty sure he wanted to shoot me. The army doesnt really have traditions like that on. 24 years man that is forever. Im struggling through my third year right now.

But hopefully we can get something together for that trip on the first saturday in march and then go to the swap meet in puyallup. Does that sound good? or maybe the swap meet would be a good meeting place and then head over to the trail? Ideas anyone?

Quick Reply: Anyone in the area wanna do some small wheeling