Default for all the locals thinking about rugged ridge products

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/don...79/#post402476
Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

It's sad cause it is a really tough looking set-up. Luckily mine didn't fail like yours did.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 High Outout I6

that is really scary not only for you as the driver but if you were on the freeway next to me when it happened id be scared ****LESS to see a jeep on 35s out of control flyin at me! i cant believe that all they can say is sorry!
The BBB Should be shutting them down! regardless of who you bought it from
glad to hear that your ok and nobody was hurt but now im gunna be worried about every other guy out there wonderin if he is runnin there garbage under his rig!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

This is one guy you won't have to worry about running their garbage. I am shopping for a steering upgrade, too. I absolutely will not give a penny of my money to any company who has acrewed over one of my friends.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM

Engine: 4.0 Renix

I got the Rustys HD steering no problems, Knock on wood
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ahve heard the rustys steering does just fine.

im gonna suck it up and just spend the money to get an over the knuckle system now that has a lifetime warranty so i dont have to worry anymore.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997

i love how people trash a company because something broke , there could be a million reasons why it broke , o maybe cause you have a 6" lift big tires and beat the truck in the woods , i ripped my control arm bracket off my axle the other day but im not calling up jeep and complaining there truck sucks cause im doing something with it it was never intended for , im just saying there could be 100 reasons why it broke , ive been running my rugged ridge steering for some time now with no problems and i even have there header and everything holds up fine
Old 01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

Originally Posted by DEVILSTOY
i love how people trash a company because something broke , there could be a million reasons why it broke , o maybe cause you have a 6" lift big tires and beat the truck in the woods , i ripped my control arm bracket off my axle the other day but im not calling up jeep and complaining there truck sucks cause im doing something with it it was never intended for , im just saying there could be 100 reasons why it broke , ive been running my rugged ridge steering for some time now with no problems and i even have there header and everything holds up fine
I go wheeling with this kid just about everytime he goes. He is a very technical driver and 4wheeler. I trash on my XJ MUCH more than he does on his and mine still has stock steering that is fine. Rugged Ridge advertises this steering set up as a Heavy Duty unit for the purpose of upgrading an XJ to make it more safe for 4wheeling. I'd say their c**p doesn't do what they say it can....and OBTW what if you, your wife or one of your kids was driving that Jeep at 70 MPH down the freeway when the steering decided to let go?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
CF Veteran

The roll where the drag link hooks up scared me, If that is loose then the vibrations will wear down the components. If they could fix that area then it would be a fine upgrade, This problem has been known for years and still the same product.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 PM

Year: 1993

you bought a heavy duty kit from an INDIVIDUAL. who is to say omix actually made it? did you think about that? don't trash talk something you dont know about for a fact.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
CF Veteran

You can easily spot the RR set-up. His looked identical to the one I purchased, if you want check Naxja for rugged ridge steering to see the awesome reviews
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by tampaviking
You can easily spot the RR set-up. His looked identical to the one I purchased, if you want check Naxja for rugged ridge steering to see the awesome reviews
is that sarcasm ? im kinda curious now , i was thinking of upgraded my RR for the iron rock offroad over the the knuckle set up sometime in the near future , if so many people are having problems with the rugged ridge one i may upgrade sooner then later , but as of now i have no problems with my RR it does seem to wander slightly on the streets tho , but thats all
Old 01-27-2010, 09:10 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by sflxj
you bought a heavy duty kit from an INDIVIDUAL. who is to say omix actually made it? did you think about that? don't trash talk something you dont know about for a fact.
i know for a fact it is rugged ridge. besides the fact that it looks the same and has the same roll it also has a part number on it that just happens to be the same as the rugged ridge one.

like buck said, i dont beat my jeep i take care of it. i dont drive stupidly i try to drive technically and take the best route that i can crawl. and explain to me how driving up some gravel roads at 15mph to go shooting is beating on my rig in the woods? the lift and tires should have nothing to do with it. its a "HEAVY DUTY" steering setup

is that sarcasm ? im kinda curious now , i was thinking of upgraded my RR for the iron rock offroad over the the knuckle set up sometime in the near future , if so many people are having problems with the rugged ridge one i may upgrade sooner then later , but as of now i have no problems with my RR it does seem to wander slightly on the streets tho , but thats all
i would definitely go over the knuckle. that is the next upgrade i am doing. either from JCR or Iron Rock. both i have heard great things about. i would recomend that over RR any day. you will save money in the long run
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 AM
CF Veteran

the jcr set up to me is almost identical set up as the RR , well unless its over the knuckle but still the same style components , id buy the iron rock over the jcr just because it deff seems way beefier
Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 PM
CF Veteran

Yeah it was sarcasm, I made the mistake of ordering it before I read any reviews.

Quick Reply: for all the locals thinking about rugged ridge products